Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Live 20/40 TT Hand, Interesting Turn

Maybe I'd Raise a non-aweful river online, but I'd certainly just call a river bet and hope to see 88 in this case.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:58 PM

slowplaying bottom set on flop much more likely than A10 or A8. I put him on 88.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:00 PM

The "Do you see why?" was a little tongue in cheek, but the answer is that you'll make the same when you're ahead because of the CC'ers inevitable overcall with Ax, and lose less when you're behind since I'd guess you have to pay off a 3-bet if the blind seems the least bit tilty.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:01 PM

I am raising the river and calling a 3 bet.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your action? What's your thoughts on SB's possible holdings?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. Its quite possible that SB could have 88. He could have flopped a set under waiting to checkraise the field to your inevitable turn bet. The Cold caller could very well be on a flush draw Ive seen cold caller calling stations do some crazy things in that game, he could very well think that both of you have Big aces and think he's drawing live.

SB could also have something along the lines of AQ, AJ, AK, A9. Or who knows what, with all that action PF he's getting odds to call with all kinds of raggedy aces.

However, that does make A8 very possible. I think he would have checkraised the flop, or at least led out on the flop there with that big of a hand.

What I would do is call the cap on the turn. Pot is way to big to consider doing anything crazy like folding especially sans reads.

Call the cap. if the flush card hits the river, go for the overcall on the Cold caller to Sb river bet. If the flush gets there and Sb checks on the river, lead out and bet right into the possible flush from the cold caller.

I going into the river with the theory that I still have the best hand. my action on the river really depends on the card that hits and what in the hell Sb does on the river if the flush card does hit.

If the flush card doesnt hit, I may very well go for the over call anyway. Might get an etra bet ot of Mr. Cold caller anyway w/o risking another of my own (let alone opening myself up to a possible three bet).
Old 02-24-2005, 12:36 AM

Default RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
In light of the recent KK folded boat hand, I thought I'd post this one.

Live hand, so details are a bit fuzzy but here's the gist.
I literally just sat down at the table and posted in LMP (1 off hijack I believe). What can I say, I can't wait to get into these games...it appeared quite good from limited observation (as I missed a hand sitting down) when I finally got a seat.

Really no read on anyone at the table having just sat down, but SB seems a little more serious than the rest of the table...somewhat of a "pissed at the world" face going on. Not sure if he is tilting or that's just his persona.

Anyway, I post and get dealt T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

2 limpers to me and I raise my option, 2 cold callers behind me, the SB calls and the BB calls.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, 2 behind me call, SB calls, BB folds, 2 EPs call.

Turn is the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, 2 behind me call, SB checkraises, folded to me, I 3-bet, 1 behind me cold calls, other folds, SB caps...

What's your action? What's your thoughts on SB's possible holdings?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well when SB capped the turn, my thoughts were either I was way behind or way ahead. His most likely possible holdings were AK or A8s and I was set on going for the overcall from the caller behind me rather than raising a potentially better hand on the river. The only problem was, if I was ahead and the cold caller behind me was on a flush draw and it missed, well then I might miss a bet.

As it turned out my decision was made very easy when the last T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hit.

SB bet, I raised (again figuring if CCer behind me was on the flush draw, she would fold, or would again call two cold again with any A), SB just called and of course MHWG.

Interestingly, the SB folded his hand and the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] flashed as the bottom card but I couldn't make out his other card. His look was that of being pissed more at himself than from getting beat, as he did not say a word to me about "getting lucky" or "nice catch" and didn't have a look as if I "caught", so I suspect AK or maybe AQ over A8 based on his reaction and disgusted rather than violent muck.

Needless to say I think that was the only hand I played for the next 4 hours or so, and I don't think I won more than 2-3 pots that whole night. Great way to start...and as quickly as I thought this month's downswing was going to turn around, the gas ran out and I just sat and observed for the majority of my time at the table.

Bunky sat down a short while later, and another lurker on the forum did as well (forgot his name, JPoland ???), so that had some added entertainment value as I practiced variations of card mucking while watching them play! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]