Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 01-17-2005, 12:21 PM

Default AKo

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG folds, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.58 BB

Did I go completely weak on the turn? SB was tight/passive. I don't have the exact stats in front of me, but over 100+ hands he was around 17/4/.5
Old 01-17-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: AKo

I would raise the turn to find out where you are - Q, 10 out of the SB?

You did say he was tight &amp; passive, so him taking the lead on the turn should raise an eyebrow. But without pushing it, you are left to call it down and question yourself.

If he 3 bets the turn, I'd call and then call the river (does anyone think my suggestion is too weak tight?).
Old 01-17-2005, 12:40 PM

Raise the turn, call a 3-bet, call a river bet.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:49 PM

Why the raise the turn advocacy here? You have TPTK and have shown strength throughout. SB wakes up on the turn and is loose passive. He's got 2 pair or better. I'd feel better about a river raise, but on the turn you are drawing.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:02 PM

Could villain be on a stop and go semi-bluff? If so, I'd like him to pay an extra bet to see the river.

But I also appreciate your point, since Villain was described as passive and he has now taken the betting lead.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:08 PM

If you're read is good then so is your hand IMO. If he was betting the turn with 2-pair (not including Kx) then he would probably be scared by the river and wouldn't bet. If you think your read is suspect, raise the river.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:30 PM

My table read for this session pretty much matched the PT stats I had on the guy. Tight/Passive.

MP2 showed Q8o
SB showed JTc

On the turn, SB made 2nd pair with a OESD. So it was a semi-bluff.

I took the more conservative approach, electing to call down against a passive player who woke up. Results aside though, I think a turn raise was a better option.

[ QUOTE ]
But without pushing it, you are left to call it down and question yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

This accurately describes the situation, IMO. I don't believe he would have 3-bet the turn, and I would have had a better idea of where I stood. On the flipside though, I've seen some of these passive guys call down with monsters. But I spose that's poker.

I'm definately missing some post-flop aggression, and this is one of those scenarios where I need to apply it.