Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2004, 03:32 PM

Default I Slowplayed

I don't slowplay much anymore, but here is one I did. Any comments?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: MaxPower is MP2 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MaxPower calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MaxPower calls, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MaxPower calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11.16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MaxPower raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (17.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MaxPower raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 21.16 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 21.16 BB, between UTG+1 and MaxPower.</font>
Old 03-31-2004, 03:57 PM

Default Re: I Slowplayed

You should be playing this hand this way. Other than maybe capping when it comes back on the flop, I think there is no better way to play it.

Nice hand,
Joe Tall
Old 03-31-2004, 04:09 PM

I would be mucking 77 for 2 bets PF in MP2 from an EP raiser...

That maybe not be right as I have heard the argument for the value of PP's but I thought that this is a pretty cut and dry fold.

Why isn't it?

Catch-
Old 03-31-2004, 04:11 PM

Well you've certainly picked a good spot to call the flop here. It appears as if you may be caught between two raisers on the flop...and with top set you know you have the best hand. You're going to win this hand so often that you want the pot as large as possible. Capping the flop has small value compared compared to the mere possibility of getting three-bets in on the turn (or two bets called in more spots). Hopefully your call will entice two-bets to you on the turn.. but playing the flop faster may get the turn checked to you.

Anyway, top set on this flop is such a huge hand... and your opponents are firing away, there's no reason to slow them down. !! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Just can\'t do it.

1. He calls two bets before the flop with only a pair of 7s, when their are still 5 players behind him that could raise again?
2. The flop comes with a 7 and unco-ordinated. There are 13 bets in the pot at this point.
This hand reminds me of so many players slow playing and then crying when one of his opponents winds up with a pair of kings or jacks in their hand.
Therefore, 3 bet, get as many of them out of this pot as you can.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:12 PM

I agree.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:16 PM

I think if the table were as typically as tight as it appears to be.... folding might be the best choice (Esp if UTG limp and UTG+1 raise has significant meaning). However, there are many players behind here, and it's likely Max was anticipating loose calls in a few more spots. We are at Party, after all.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Just can\'t do it.

[ QUOTE ]
Therefore, 3 bet, get as many of them out of this pot as you can.

[/ QUOTE ] Why would you want that? I'd want people to pay up, since they're most likely drawing dead. A 3-bet scares them away, and clues everyone in that you're holding a set. I think he played this great, and the only other I might have done is to cap the flop the final time it came around.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:19 PM

So then how many callers do you need to justify this call? I also thought that mucking this hand was pretty standard, since you need to make back like 10-12 times your PF investment.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:28 PM

You have a limper, the raiser, and a cold-caller already. Cold-callers tend to create more cold-callers so there is a good chance you get one or 2 more people in the pot in your average game. With all those players in the pot you shouldn't have too much trouble making up the needed bets post flop if you catch a 7.

I think the call here is fine.