Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Wrong Move?

$30+3 multitable on PP, I'm at 15K, average is 13K, down to 75, top 50 pay. It gets folded around to me on the button and I raise it $2500 with AJs. The BB reraises me all-in and I call. He shows A4, and hits his 4 on the river, to send me packing. My question is, do I need to bet more preflop, as all I really wanted was the blinds. I feel like he made his push because my bet looked purely positional, do I need to make it bigger to scare A4 out? The blinds were at 200/400 by the way.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Wrong Move?

Personally, Id raise to 1200, but raising more will increase your chance of getting the blinds. Just a horrible call by him, and u got unlcuky
Old 07-01-2005, 07:49 PM

That was MORE than enough for him to fold... not much you can really do if he really likes his A4.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] or he was totally putting you on a steal becaue you overbet so much.. but still A4 should of been mucked quickly!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:19 PM

I think there's more to this than the BB should have folded. First, did you have a read on villian? Was he super aggressive and would have pushed with any A or like K10- then I think you can call? Obviosuly he had you covered and I don't know about calling an allin here with AJs. I think he clearly saw your 6BB raise a blantant steal and didn't figure you for AJ. If you had just raised 2.5-3BB's would you have called an allin? As for raising more preflop, I think that is possibly the worst idea you could have. What is the plan, raise 10BBs to win 1.5? And if you get pushed on you might be getting good odds and be dominated. You had about 40 BB's why are you calling an allin and not folding this? Also, when you have KK and raise 2.5 BB's cause you want action but raise 7-10BBs on a steal your game will become pretty transparent.

If I had NO reads and raised that much with AJ and villian pushed I'm laying it down. You're focusing on the results and not what was the right play. The cure is not to raise more PF, but to understand that you way overbet preflop which looks like steal and then you called an allin with AJ.

yabastid
Old 07-01-2005, 09:49 PM

You want a call with this hand, a raise is even better. I like your raise, and you got all your chips in as a 3:1 favorite.

Call him a donk and move on.