Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 06:13 AM

Default Is Poker Room 3/6 ever soft? It was a rockfest tonight . . .

Average 18% VP$IP across 4 tables, despite Poker Room stats claiming "57% seeing flops".

I suck at rockfests too, dropped 100BB in about two hours. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The latest reload bonus probably has a lot to do with it too . . .
Old 02-23-2005, 06:25 AM

Default Re: Is Poker Room 3/6 ever soft? It was a rockfest tonight . . .

pokerroom ring games blow ass.I have $650 in pending bonuses there and I never play there.Dont know why I just did the latest 30% bonus either.I agree- its been like that for the last year.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:20 AM

They used to have good games during the day if a bunch of housewives hit the table. Table averages were in the mid 50's a good rounder would crush these games. But alas the birds were cooked and those games are gone. That site is hit and miss when it comes to soft games above 1/2.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:10 AM

I can't speak for 3/6, but I have been spending a lot of time at Poker Room the last month clearing a signup bonus. I found the 2/4 games, for the most part, to be pretty soft, with a good number of loose, passive players. There are 2/4 tables that have more rocks, but given that the preflop stats and pot size information is readily available, those tables are fairly easy to avoid.

Having said all that, the games were noticeably tighter last night, which is probably no coincidence given the reload bonus that was announced yesterday.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:59 AM

3/6 has no table selection (not that 2/4 is much better). But I've been playing there recently and have found the 2/4 game very soft most nights.

I tend to be killing the game lately. I admit I had great cards, but I ran up 75 BB in about an hour and a half on one table last week. Great hands and a ton of calling stations.

I can't complian about Pokerroom right now. 2/4 seems soft to me right now.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:06 PM

Was playing two tables of 2/4 last night and found the play incredibly tight. At one point I had AA in EP on one table and AKo in EP on the other. Raised both hands - both were folded all around and I picked up the blinds. Guess I'll be limping in with those hands tonight... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I only play PokerRoom when they offer reloads - maybe the tables were full of us bonus whores. Not complaining though as I finished up 22 BB - attributed more to a decent run of cards towards the end of my session.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guess I'll be limping in with those hands tonight... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guess I'll be limping in with those hands tonight... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="black"> No. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

No?

No kidding.

I did play against a Junkmail last night at PR 2/4...??
Old 02-23-2005, 12:27 PM

then you played against me. If your name is the same on there I may have played you in a few tournies as well.

If I played bad last night, it was the alcohol playing! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I was so bored playing last night. I had 2 2/4 tables going (was up and down on them, up for a while on one, down for a while on the other, then even)

1 PLO going. Down on that.
1 $25NL going. Up 4 buyins on that, and was playing 4 handed because I didn't want to give up my stack.

What's your name on there? Were you at table ... hell, I don't remember the names of the tables. But I also raised AA in LP and got the blinds on one table. I was stealing several pots off that table.

I also recognize Lefty from a while back, maybe three years agoish? I saw him every day when I played, always sitting down overrolled for the table ... like $350 at a 1/2?
Old 02-23-2005, 12:37 PM

Given the recent reload, my guess is the games are filled with a bunch of 2+2 bonus whores at the moment. Give it a couple weeks and revist.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]