Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Anyone raise this river?

SB is the important player in this hand, his stats are like 59/0/0.3 over about 35 hands. He hardly ever leads out when first to act, and he calls down and chases A LOT. He'll call with losing hands a lot too.

His flop lead looked a lot like a 3, just because it was unusual for him to take the initiative. I planned on folding to a 3 bet on the turn, or if the turn wasn't a 10, K, or [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Sorry for the format, Eurobet, $2/4 5max

Hero is in BB with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Preflop
<font color="blue">1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, SB completes, Hero checks.</font>

Flop 3 sb
3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">SB bets, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds</font>

Turn 3bb
3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">SB bets, Hero Raises, SB calls</font>

River 7bb
3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="blue"> SB bets, Hero calls</font>

I don't thinik the 6 helped him because he check/called all his draws before this. I was just puzzled by him leading every street.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Anyone raise this river?

against most opponents I really like a river raise, but 0.3 AF scares me into a call here I think.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:57 AM

No way. In fact, I fold this flop. You said yourself it looks like he's got a 3, your overcards a dangerous, and there's no guarantee he 3-bets the turn even when ahead. Your BDFD is nowhere near worth it in this dinky pot. I'd fold and move on. You're getting 4-1 on basically a 6 outer. That's a giving 4 outs to your overcards, which in this spot could be a little too generous.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:59 AM

raise preflop

flop call is terrible

rest is fine. the river donk could mean a lot of things, but when it means he has a big hand you're paying three bets, so just call
Old 11-29-2005, 10:00 AM

oh yeahm and I don't like flop call in this small pot.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:04 AM

I would have raised preflop with this hand to start with. His bet on the flop would indicate maybe A2. If he had the 3 he may have slowplayed this, unless that move seems advanced for this player. His flat call of your raise, instead of a reraise on the river seems a bid off, further indicating he probobly has the 2 and not the 3. He surely would have capped with the 3. His bet on the river would definatly worry me and so I would just flat call.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:42 AM

I thought about raising the flop, but I'd seen this guy stick around with any piece of the board, any pair, or any draw, so I didn't think a raise would do anything but force UTG out.

Basically, his flop donk was kind of unusual for him, and I didn't think a raise would do anything but cost me more if behind and it wouldn't get this guy away from any hand that he liked. I don't think he'd get fancy with a flopped set, but sometimes these players surprise you.

It was a small pot, and I need to take that kind of stuff into consideration more.

He had 99 for what it's worth and MHIG. Thanks for the inputs.