Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2004, 05:06 PM

Default Thanks to Ed Miller&Mason&David

Hi all this is my first post, i have been lurking for a while. Quickly I have been playing for a year. Read all the books found the 2+2 to be the best, won early on developed bad habits started to lose went into a bad losing streak and then developed tilting habits. Took time off came back and still was in a funk. This game can humble you fast. Reading Ed's small stakes hold em and it is simply great, It's given an old dog some new enthusiasm. So thanks for writing it and thanks for this forum as well.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Thanks to Ed Miller&Mason&David

welcome to the forum!
Old 07-22-2004, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Thanks to Ed Miller&Mason&David

Welcome to the forum! You say you have been a lurker for quite some time. I myself did the same thing for a while before deciding to make that first post. I have also read the books and they are great. I will say this though, I have learned more by reading posts here than I learned from all the books. Perhaps I should rephrase that. I learned the concepts in those books (haven't read Miller's yet [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) but reading post after post here helps engrain them in your mind, so they are more instinctual than late realization. It might just be the repetitive nature of reading so many posts, but you will find moments where you are playing a hand and just know to check-raise instead of betting out, for example. The books are a good resource, but your real education comes from experience (duh) and posting and analyzing your mistakes on this board. Again welcome, and good luck with your poker education (read with no condescension).