Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Something I have been thinking about

This may be better suited to the psych forum, but you guys are better poker players than the regulars there, and I consider this more of a strategy related poker issue than an emotional one.

First off I am not in a downswing. I am in a Upswing that has featured a extended series of -80BB, +90BB,-40BB, 60BB...etc sessions. I play about 6000 hands a week and play 6 out of seven days.

Now for my question. You are at a good table, maybe even a great table. One you are happy to find and ordinarily not consider leaving. You end up getting run down a few times after buying in for 30BB, you go down 20BB, rebuy for 10 more... and nothing seems to click.

What I am considering doing is instead of solidering on at this good table, I am considering leaving, shortly after the first rebuy.

The reason is, most of my off nights have featured, getting my ass handed to be for -30BB to -50BB on a single table. I really can only remember a couple times when I have come storming back and taken my vengence on the asstards who thumped me in the first place.

I mean is table image at an otherwise good table important enough by itself to make you leave?