Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Playing the cards and not the man

Seat 4 is horrible, way too loose. He'll raise as soon as he hits any pair regardless of what strength you're showing. I took better advantage of this fact in later hands, but this one is still bugging me. Seat 7 seemed like a pro compared to seat 4 but still loose and a calling station. I can't decide if I should have 3-bet 5th and gone to war or get out with unimproved kings. Who tosses 6th? 5th? I think my move needed to be get out or jam, calling down seemed wrong with just kings.

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (6.00 SB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (4.50 BB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (10.50 BB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Old 11-24-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Playing the cards and not the man

Ugh…what the hell are you doing??

Given your description of seat 4, I can see 3-betting 5th. Seat 7 is calling with something though - most likely two pairs or a pair + straight-draw, so you can’t have
much of an edge here. Thus, calling is just fine. No way should you fold.

Folding 6th is really, really bad though. You should have a HUGE chunk of equity in this pot - you can’t just throw that out of the window.
You call and call the river too if seat 7 folds.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:23 PM

This is terrible - you should bet 6th b/c the 567 blanked. Hope the Q97T raises whatever he has to put max pressure on the draw. You could easily be best and if not, you have some nice drawout potential prob (unless the 567 is made which I highly doubt after he checks 6th).

Jeff
Old 11-25-2005, 02:13 AM

dont think 3 betting 5th does anything here ... they're both calling you no matter what, and with both of them in the pot, you're only making their calls more correct on later streets

what are you afraid of seat 4 having? jack 8 in the hole? that doesn't make ANY sense ... best he's got is 77 in the hole, and even that isnt the most likely given your read on him

id call this one down, unless the action got heavy on the river
Old 11-25-2005, 03:19 AM

Folding sixth was pretty atrocious. There's a good chance that you're behind, but the pot is way too big to be giving up now. They aren't all raise-or-fold situations, y'know.