Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: What 2 seconds would you change?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am 19, forever is not very long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's put it like this. Pretend ND had beat USC and gotten ranked #1. Now, move the MSU game from early in the year, to the last week of the season, stopping ND from being in the BCS title game.

That's what happened as ND beat the highly touted FSU Charlie Ward juggernaut, then lost the hearbreaker at the end of the year to BC to knock them out of the title game, as they watched FSU go on to play for the title.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's definately a much more devastating loss, but at the time, I was 8 and didn't care. This year, I was on the 20 yard line almost directly across from the 4th and 9 play, so it obviously hurt a lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 11-14-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It will never change! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Loc: Bloomington , IN

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn you noodleman, damn you to hell. Honestly, though, I am fairly certain that moment changed the course of my life. I don't know if it was for the better or worse, but it changed it.

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think all Cardinal, Red Sox and Bills fans have obvious choices. Titans, Rams, Panthers and Sacramento Kings fans also have some options.

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides the obvious I would think that having Tony Conigliaro not get hit by the pitch would a good choice.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really thought this was another penn state fan complaining about the 2 extra seconds michigan got so they had time to kick a field goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All the PSU fans should be happy that we saved you from all your bitching about how you would be getting screwed by the BCS right now had you not lost. And keep blaming your loss on the clock, and not on the fact that we had three guys in the pattern on the last play and had to go to the endzone, yet Manningham was somehow open, nor the fact that you kicked off to Breaston and allowed him to get to midfield.

I'm sure this is one of the few times in my life that I'll say this, but GO SPARTANS!!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ronde Barber.

I was right above it in the 700 level. Easily one of the top 5 most painful moments of my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

jog my memory?
Old 11-15-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure this is one of the few times in my life that I'll say this, but GO SPARTANS!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

hollatchasparty! big weekend to cheer for michigan sports.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:35 AM

Wow

Lattner *(no clue how to spell his name) misses against Kentucky

'72 Olympics USA vs USSR basketball
NC State vs ??? (lorenzo charles doesn't catch the ball)
'03 Miami vs OSU, having the official being able to see.

Doug freaking flutie and his hail mary pass vs Miami. Seriously the most annoying clip of college football I have to watch every year. That pass has given him 20+ years of fame.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow
'72 Olympics USA vs USSR basketball

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its safe to say that if you were able to change the last two seconds, the ref would give the Russians another 2 seconds extra. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really thought this was another penn state fan complaining about the 2 extra seconds michigan got so they had time to kick a field goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All the PSU fans should be happy that we saved you from all your bitching about how you would be getting screwed by the BCS right now had you not lost. And keep blaming your loss on the clock, and not on the fact that we had three guys in the pattern on the last play and had to go to the endzone, yet Manningham was somehow open, nor the fact that you kicked off to Breaston and allowed him to get to midfield.

[/ QUOTE ]

We PSU fans are used to having undefeated seasons w/o mythical national titles. Even so, we've managed to get more than one national title in the last 57 years.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2002, Game 7: The 2 seconds when Baker decided to start Livan Hernandez over Kirk Reuter even though Livan had pitched like crap all post-season and Reuter had been a big game pitcher for the Giants since he came to the team. Hernadez went on to give up 4 runs in two innings while Reuter pitched 4 innings of 1 hit ball in relief.

2003: Game #3, LDS: Giants push the go-ahead run across in the top of the 9th. They are 3 outs away from taking a 2-1 lead and making it a lock that Schmidt would at least have a chance to pitch Game 5 at PacBell if necessary (as guaranteed as victory could be for a baseball game that year). Jose Cruz Jr. decides to forget how to catch and turns a routine fly ball into the game changing error. Florida goes on to win the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just when I started to think that I enjoyed the way this thread was going, you ruined it. Part of being a Giants fan is being able to blackout the rather numerous "little things" that went wrong. You made me cry.