Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: player descriptions...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the villians are both very loose and very agressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't 48/7/.68 very loose and somewhat passive preflop, and very passive post flop?

~ Rick

PS I use PT

[/ QUOTE ]

we've been over this debate a million times.

if somebody who plays 40% of their hands bets or raises anywhere NEAR the amount of times he/she ccalls they are very aggressive. simply by the sheer volume of situations that arise with the garbage they play. so a ratio (AF) of 1 is amazingly agressive for somebody that plays 40% of their hands.

-Barron
Old 08-21-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: close (meaningless?) river decision...

[ QUOTE ]
Barron, the read you're giving us on the CO in your replies contradicts the stats you gave in the original post. As Gabe posted, he looks loose-aggressive preflop, but only moderately aggressive postflop from his stats.

This is a good post though, I wouldn't have thought of CR'ing in this situation, but I do see that it has merit.

[/ QUOTE ]

all of the people in this thread who have stated that the stats say these guys are passive surprise me. Rick i respect, you i respect etc. etc. i respect and admire all of your play. but haven't you ever seen a 40/20/.6 do something like 3bet 97s preflop, flop a gutshot and raise a bettor? this happens all the time. just because PT says "0-.7 is passive" doesn't make it so. i just read nightwish's response to player description and his simple analogy is perfect. these two villians are BOTH loose agressive BOTH pre AND postflop.

-Barron
Old 08-21-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if somebody who plays 40% of their hands bets or raises anywhere NEAR the amount of times he/she ccalls they are very aggressive. simply by the sheer volume of situations that arise with the garbage they play. so a ratio (AF) of 1 is amazingly agressive for somebody that plays 40% of their hands. -Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron,

Thanks for the info. I'm still 90% a B&M player so I've only read pieces of these posts (the forum being now so gigantic and my time being challenged). I'll look them up when I can but if you have one link to a better thread I'd appreciate it.

~ Rick
Old 08-21-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

if somebody who plays 40% of their hands bets or raises anywhere NEAR the amount of times he/she ccalls they are very aggressive. simply by the sheer volume of situations that arise with the garbage they play. so a ratio (AF) of 1 is amazingly agressive for somebody that plays 40% of their hands. -Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron,

Thanks for the info. I'm still 90% a B&M player so I've only read pieces of these posts (the forum being now so gigantic and my time being challenged). I'll look them up when I can but if you have one link to a better thread I'd appreciate it.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Rick,

sorry i dont know where those threads are [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]...i never was good at the search function. and i certianly didn't mean to talk down to you if thats what it sounded like. i know you mainly play b&m and misunderstanding these data is a common thing.

the best thing i can do for you is to say that if you have a person with a VPIP of over 30, it is a virtual certaintly they are aggressive. and a person w/ a 30 vpip and an AF factor of over 1 is defiantely very very aggressive.

AFi=(bet+raise)/(call) ith street.

AF as it appears is really the (SUM(AFi)-AFpf)/3.

i hope this helps rick.

-Barron
Old 08-21-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: public apology...

[ QUOTE ]
I really like check/raising because I've already seen the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 08-21-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Thanks Barron (n/t)

x
Old 08-21-2005, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the river choice imo is between betting and c'ring.

-Barron

checkraising? cmon man... LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I havnt read anything past this post in this thread so excuse me if what i am saying has already been said or already disproved (though I somewhat doubt the latter).

A checkraise is a legitmate line, his hand looks very much like a flushdraw at this point and a checkraise on the river could be called frequently enough by AK (not to mention a 7 or a 5) purely because it "must" be a bluff. To take this action you must be very confident that your opponent will simply comply and call down or fold. A reraise by a worse hand that cost you the pot would be devistating.

-Brad
Old 08-21-2005, 11:57 PM

I think I might 3bet the flop and try to win this one before showdown. Seems like your chance of success is very high and I also think you're a lot more likely to improve to the best hand and have it hold up if you get it HU on the flop.