Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Better chips somewhere else? Help needed

I went on a decent winning streak from home games, and after christmas shopping and all that, i have about 200 left over to spend. I decided to get new poker chips. I would like 500 chips, with a custom design in the middle. After scoping the net, i found THESE...I could get 500 for 200+ shipping(after customization. Are those decent chips? I was messing around, and you could load up your own design or make it from a program they use. If i don't load up my own design, will using their designing look bad? Basically you select the background color, writing, font etc etc. If i post up my own design on it, anywhere specific where i can get logos that i want?

Are there better chips out there, which i could get customized, for the same price? Max i'd be willing to spend is 250, and i would like 500 chips. Preferably 5 colors(and preferably grey,red,green,blue and black) since tournys usally have a decent amount of people and color ups are available.

Any better site? Specific site where i can get logos that fit the chip? Thanks for any help
Old 11-28-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Better chips somewhere else? Help needed

Everybody's home tourney games are different, so the number of chips and different colors needed depends on your kind of game.

The Home Poker Tourney web site, which you can find here, suggests having 500 chips (200/200/50/50) for hosting a ten player tourney.

If you went that route, and wanted to play about $250 for a set of 500, I'd recommend these folks. You could purchase solid clay chips for $0.50 each, which is just about your price range for a set of $500. Add a little for postage. My view is that you should be a nice set of chips, rather than a lot of chips that are not as nice. But that is a matter of personal preference. Plus, these folks have been around for a long time, so you could add to your collection if you wanted to do that somewhere down the line. Only glitch is that you can't get custom logo chips from these folks in your stated price range.

I own a small set from TR King. Their solid clay chips run $0.55 per chip, which is a little bit more than you want to spend.

Both sets are nice. They are top of the line solid clay.

Good luck.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Better chips somewhere else? Help needed

I use these chips at a certain location when I play. I like them and they are nice, and Im pretty sure the place uses a design from the site and they look nice