Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Really hot then really cold

It seems that I go on great streaks at the small stakes $.50/$1, and $1/2 tables then go cold fast and start losing lots of money. What the heck am I doing? Ill sit at a $.50/1 table and go from $25 to $50 or $60 and lose it all or fall back to even if I play long enough..
Old 01-29-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Really hot then really cold

Maybe you are overextending yourself. It's important to play within your limits. If you know you can beat the .02/.04 at the Stars and the .10/.20 at the Paradise joint then why not stick to those?
Old 01-29-2005, 04:18 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Post hands. Use the converter. 1 hand per post, please. Don't flood the board with a lot of posts.

Good luck.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:36 PM

When it comes to streaks you should be talking about THOUSANDS of hands. What you do in one session is about as irrelevant as can be. However, if this is happening almost every time then it is probably a sign that you can't hold your concentration on the game for long periods of time.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:12 PM

Variance. Gotta love it.

Remember that swings of 50BB or even 100BB are commonplace. I just pulled myself out of a 60BB dip that took place in the span of a little over two hours by sticking to SSHE, really paying attention to my hand selection, and staying away from the caffeine.

Microlimit players have the distinct advantage in that bonuswhoring makes a big difference in our bankrolls. While getting a bonus should not be a substitute for playing well, that extra $100 can sure make the variance easier to take.

WT
Old 01-30-2005, 03:31 AM

That spawns another question of mine. I have no doubt that attention is a large problem of mine.... I have been making a good deal of money recently. I lost a few hundred in the beginning ($600), with $50 deposits at party poker. I then read Supersystem, Theory of Poker, Small Stakes Holdem and Play Like The Pros (all bought by the fiance for xmas, tired of losing money) and without studying have become much better. I just bought a CPU with some of the money, but I just seem to go on bad streaks. If you play and double your buy in is it just how the cards go for the most part or attention. I double within and hour or two (50-100 hands) then have a bad streak. I feel pretty solid for the most part with my game and this streak happens at the .50-1 games up to the 2-4 games, thats as high as I go. It just seems like I make too much too fast some times. Do good players really profit that much, as I should if I tighten up instead of loosening up after an hour or two. I have also realized that I chase draws with too few people in the pots, which is probably where I lose a lot of money in the long run..... This site is F--ing awsome by the way..... Its amazing the feedback I just got off one post.... If someone from Two Plus Two reads this, excellent job and brilliant idea.... I would pay money to filter out uneducated responses and learn what is available here............