Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 06:09 PM

Default ***Results and Thoughts***

So the final board is [Qx7d4d][Qx][2d]

When I posted this it had been a while since I read Spicy F's post about waiting until the river to raise to save bets and couldn't remember his example from that post. When the Q on the turn hit, my call was more of a wimp out cause I wasn't looking forward to having to put in 4 bets on the big streets against a relative aggro unknown. Calling also allows him to continue bluffing with his hopeless hands. Maybe turn raise is preferred play here since I want to get full value against a bunch of pair hands I'm beating, but I think others like Flawless make good point that I should simply just reraise this flop and hope to get a lot of action in early.

Main reason I posted this was because when the river hit completing the flush draw I had very strong feeling I was still ahead but since the flush came in, I felt more comfortable in getting in another bet without the risk of making incorrect fold to 3 bet on this board. This line makes it very hard for a Q to reraise the river since I've played my hand consistenly with either a made flush draw, a Q or complete bluff with other hands a lot less likely. I guess delaying a turn raise until the river also prevents him from getting away from other pair hands on turn that he might (unlikely) fold to turn raise.

I guess if I'm willing to raise this river, I should definitely have raised a total blank on river as well but maybe not with intention to fold to 3-bet? Guess better question about this hand would not be whether to raise the river at all but rather what frequency I should be raising the river as opposed to raising the turn.

Opponent called my river raise with 76o and I scooped it.