Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Anyone here play at the wynn yet?

Going to vegas in 2 weeks to play deep stacked NL (mostly 2-5 and 5-10 but i'm willing to sit in a deep enough 1-2 NL game too)

has anyone here played in these games enough to give a good rundown of what to expect from these players? is there any donation going on or are the players decent? anythign else i should know about the room?
Old 06-26-2005, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Anyone here play at the wynn yet?

Been playing almost everyday in each of those games and the 10/20 since it opened.

1/2: I love sitting in this game really deep. The deepest I have done is my 15K stack vs a 12K stack, but the game threatened to break if we didn't tone it down. Usually about 1-2K is fine. The players are usually a mix of college age kids who either are learning or play weak/tight or think they are good, but don't have too much experience or bankroll. There are some big fish that step in every now and than, but mostly it's just a standard 1/2 where everyone is too loose preflop and go to far with top pair, etc. Depending on the game, I'll sometimes try to set up a big overbet strategy. This game can also be "relatively" tight at times against people who are getting better, but with little experience, but it is always a beatable game. Stacks are usually not that deep with the occassional $300-500 and the very occassional 1K+ buyins.

2/5: This is usually a much deeper game where almost everyone has at least 100x BB. This game has a few tough regulars, a few crappy reguars, and a bunch of mixed other players. It is usually looser than the 1/2 in terms of money moving around so you can make more money, but with slightly higher variance. Of course a beatable game, but there are much better 2/5 games in town (i.e. Palms, Mirage, Bellagio). I only play this one b/c of the no cap buyin. Palms just went no smoking btw. And don't forget the series is in town so there is always a game at the Rio.

5/10: This is a great game. The good players are better than the 2/5 and 1/2, but the bad players are usually much worse than the 2/5 and 1/2. Depending on the night and how lucky you are, some giant fish can step into this game. A lot of rich travelers from around the world that came to see Wynn play in this game and have no clue what they are doing. The stacks are sometimes deep and sometimes not, it really just depends on the day. If there is a must-move, the must-move is almost always a good game, but sometimes the main game is too tight for my tastes and gets boring. You'll be able to spot what kind of player everyone is within 10 minutes and you can also just ask me when you come [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hope I've been helpful. BTW, yes, there is a lot of donation going on. One night, a drunk guy came into the 5/10 game handing me a nearly full $900 bottle of Crystal (sp? lol I'm an idiot) and than sat in the game with 2K and went all in blind till' he lost 3 of those 2K buyins.

On a side note, if you want to go where the action really is, we sometimes spread a 4/8 crazy pineapple hi/lo with a full kill played with all $1 chips. Now that's a fun game. And people like Clarkmeister and other 2+2e'ers play in it. I've also been trying to start a 5/10 2-7 triple draw game.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a side note, if you want to go where the action really is, we sometimes spread a 4/8 crazy pineapple hi/lo with a full kill played with all $1 chips. Now that's a fun game. And people like Clarkmeister and other 2+2e'ers play in it. I've also been trying to start a 5/10 2-7 triple draw game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the pineapple go only on Fridays? Any luck with the triple draw?
Old 06-27-2005, 01:40 AM

The Pineapple went Thursday night all the way till' about 6 am on Friday. And in the past usually it ran on Friday nights. The triple draw game was anywhere from 2 handed to 5 handed on and off from friday to saturday.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:24 AM

I played there a few times this weekend.....the 5/10 game was a rock garden and that was at the must-move table (I left before even getting to the main) - but I've heard different things depending on the night and the lineup.....the 2/5 game seemed to vary.....at times it was a lot of short stacks and not really even worth playing (although I'm sure it was crushable)....but then there also seemed to be at least one table where there were a few awful players with a decent amount of money in front of them - and at those times the game was very good......
Old 06-27-2005, 09:20 AM

Ya this weekend it was a rock garden one night which usually isn't the case, and that is the night I sat out and played pineapple instead.

Tonight we got a 30/60 H.O.E. game which was fun.