Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: 10 tables at once all day long! unusual?

[ QUOTE ]
Ok thanks for you thoughts. i knew 10 tabling was possible but not seen it much, also the 43% was from my poker office not "a certain stats website" although that site shows very similar figures.

i wasn't very suspicious but i am interested in how often you see this (or how many players can do it).

cheers all

[/ QUOTE ]

There are probably quite a few players out there that can do it in the early level buyins... aka 11s - 33s. Just because play becomes so mechanical. You really dont have to focus that much on reads just because most players at these levels that you will encounter are that bad.

However when you go above these levels concentration, reads, and more advanced skills become much more of a need and to 10 table takes a ton of skill.

For more information, see Raptor.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:24 PM

I keep running into juicyv_gina at all times of day at the 22s. I got in 90 sngs yesterday at 13% ROI or so which earned me ~500 points. He made ~2500. It's no wonder that he's destroying the Party leaderboard.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:28 PM

yeah, ive played him a few times. he is sick
Old 10-12-2005, 01:35 PM

10 Tables $220
All day and all night $20,000
A .50 bullet to the brain without missing Priceless

The American Depress Card
Don't leave the institution without it.

CJ
Old 10-12-2005, 01:41 PM

I wish I ran into more juicyv_gina.. Sounds +ev to me.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok thanks for you thoughts. i knew 10 tabling was possible but not seen it much, also the 43% was from my poker office not "a certain stats website" although that site shows very similar figures.

i wasn't very suspicious but i am interested in how often you see this (or how many players can do it).

cheers all

[/ QUOTE ]

There are probably quite a few players out there that can do it in the early level buyins... aka 11s - 33s. Just because play becomes so mechanical. You really dont have to focus that much on reads just because most players at these levels that you will encounter are that bad.

However when you go above these levels concentration, reads, and more advanced skills become much more of a need and to 10 table takes a ton of skill.

For more information, see Raptor.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, it all depends on how well you can keep up and how fast you can follow action. 12 tabling the 109s is for sure doable. i know a lot of people that have had quite a bit of success doing this.. myself and my old roomate included. ZJ has had great success 8-12 tabling 215s. usher has always been a fiend in multitabling sngs. apathy has had excellent success. irie and zen have done some.. interesting things with multitabling. bads33d has had a history of success 109ing all day every day. i know a ton of other people that have done very well for themselves playing day in day out maximizing $/hr and maximizing tables played. (im not leaving people out i still love you).

some people can just sit there and constantly load up tables all day without getting emotionally strung out. some people will play 4 sets of 8 and want to kill themselves. it all depends on the person. i used to be able to 12 table 10 hours a day 7 days a week taking off maybe 1 day a month. cant do that anymore. i hate it. eventually everyone burns out, no matter who you are. eventually everyone will need a change of pace, a switch to cash games, a few mtts thrown in. no one can grind out 20k sngs a year for multiple years in a row.

as for the skills needed to 10 table.. a lot depends on how well you know icm and perfect pushbotting. that alone gets you above breakeven even in the 215s (thought not by much at all..) if you are playing smaller stakes stuff, multitabling is as simple as learning pushbotting and maximizing tables. in the 109s and 215s, its about playing the early game as well, and picking up pots. if you can do that 12 tabling, great. if not, yer sol.

i have never really put much stock into 'reads' online. you can pretty much figure out who is pushing any 2, who is playing lots of hands, and who is an all around idiot by watching just 1 orbit. if thats getting a 'read' then ignore this paragraph. im in class so im rambling, and im hungover and feeling stupid right now, so i hope someone may have gleamed a tiny piece of useful information here. holla
Old 10-12-2005, 03:11 PM

I moved down to the $30s to master 8 tabling. And I play in sessions that typically last 10-12 hours, 3 days a week. So, it's certainly possible to do. I like the long sessions. And I'm crushing the $30s, easily making 2K/week. I will slowly be moving up again to higher levels soon. So watch out, fools! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I keep running into juicyv_gina at all times of day at the 22s. I got in 90 sngs yesterday at 13% ROI or so which earned me ~500 points. He made ~2500. It's no wonder that he's destroying the Party leaderboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I've played with him a bunch. His name made me assume he was a donk (guess I didn't really listen when Gig said to play without prejudice), but he seems pretty solid.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:22 PM

come on guys... you keep referring to her as a guy.. her name is obviously Gina and her drink of choice is V8 juice. from playing with HER, i think its gotta be someone from this forum... reveal your identity Gina!
Old 10-12-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10 Tables $220
All day and all night $20,000
A .50 bullet to the brain without missing Priceless

The American Depress Card
Don't leave the institution without it.

CJ

[/ QUOTE ]

VNH!