Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 09:43 AM

Default NC: Rant. I am a donk.

Busted out of a 11+R at stars yesterday. I was in excellent position, 15 of 100 or so. 70 000 stack, blinds at 800/1600. I am the biggest stack at the table. I'm in the SB with 88 and the button (65 000) makes a standard raise, I reraise he calls. By this point I should have stopped to think, but I didn't. I just get so caught up in these blind battles, thinking I'm potcommited when I'm not even close. Convincing myself he is on a steal, when every bet he makes signals strength. I lost more or less my whole stack this hand when he had AA.

It's one of my biggest leaks, thinking any buttonraise is done with air and defending with very marginal hands.

I felt absolutly sick after this hand, because I was such a huge donk. Felt like never playing poker again. I really want to final table one of these 11+R stars tourneys, and this was as good a chance as any. Going out when I know I played well is one thing, but throwing my whole stack away with 88 was just horrible.

I hate myslef and just needed to rant to get it off my chest and start focusing again. Fell free to just close it or let it drop of the frontpage, but I needed to write it. I just played a $1 45 mans SnG and went all in every hand just to blow some steam. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: NC: Rant. I am a donk.

Ouch. Much empathy here bro.

I often get waxed overthinking blind confrontations and get myself all-in putting villain on way to big a range.

Lately I've tighted up in these spots and its helped a bit.

P