Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 12:21 PM

Default AKo and the whole table goes crazy preflop

1/2 6-max

sb, not important
bb, 133$
utg, 180$
Hero, 220$
co, 200$
bt, 13$

Sat down pretty recently. The only read is that bt (13$) goes allin preflop most every hand and that everyone is aware of it.

I get AKo.
Scenario 1: (how the hand really went)

Preflop action:
utg calls, I make it 10$, co calls, bt(maniac) goes all in 13$, bb calls, utg suddenly makes it 67$, hero ???.

I'm not sure what to do here. Normally I might fold here but I know that utg knows bt is a maniac and could have anything, so utg making a big raise looks like he wants it HU against the maniac and doesnt have to mean he has KK or AA.

Anyway, I called figuring if I miss the flop completely and utg moves in I'm folding.
1)Anyone move in here? Or fold?

Behind me, CO folds, BB moves in, making it 130$, utg just calls and it's up to hero.
I don't think there's much of a choice here really? A shitload of money in the pot, and I want to continue. No point in just calling with utg having about 50$ left. Since I'm going to call any bet from utg on the flop anyway I might aswell move in. That way there's no way utg can get away on the flop from a hand like JJ if the flop is AKx and utg might even misclick [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Scenario 2: (utg doesnt rereraise)
Preflop action:
utg calls, I make it 10$, co calls, bt(maniac) goes all in 13$, bb calls, utg calls, hero ???.

2)Just call the 3$ and see a cheap flop or make some sort of raise here? If so, how much?
Old 06-14-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: AKo and the whole table goes crazy preflop

You can't raise in scenario 2, it would be against the rules.

You're in a tough spot in scenario 1. Guess you can't do nothing but push. Kick yourself for not having reads on other playrers than button.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:45 PM

I'm folding to the $67 from UTG. Unlike your read, I think the limp/re-raise screams Kings/Aces. I don't think he'd be doing this without a decent pair or AK. Against the pair your a small dog, AK is splitting and against AA/KK, what I expect him to be holding here, you're a huge underdog. And I don't wanna be getting into a pot when the best I can do is split it.

Anyway, after that call, I don't think you have much choice but to put it all in the middle.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't raise in scenario 2, it would be against the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain that one ?
Something similar happened to me yesterday and I wanted to push over, but could only call. I can't believe there's one rule I'm not aware of [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2005, 12:56 PM

Button's stack is not big enough to raise (as a min-raise is the minimum raise). An all-in smaller than a min-raise does not really count as a raise. Not in the sense that it opens the betting for original raiser at least.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:57 PM

If an all-in raise is less than the minimum raise, it is considered a call for betting purposes.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:58 PM

An all-in only reopens the betting if it the raise is at least the minimum. For example, A bets $10, B bets $20 all-in, C calls, A can reraise. If B only bets $19 all-in, C calls, A cannot reraise. In both scenarios, C could reraise as he has not acted on A's original bet yet. In some rooms, the all-in only needs to be half the minimum raise.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:56 PM

1 is a pretty clear fold when UTG limp reraises, and 2 is a call since you can't do anything else.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:32 PM

this is pretty ugly. The pot is huge...it sucks that you have no reads. I think I fold here as the limp reraise screams AA or KK, which takes up two of the outs you need against whatever UTG has, which is probably something like 10 10 - QQ...but i'm guessing. I'd go ahead and fold, hope that UTG called so i could see what both of them were playing with here and take some serious notes.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is pretty ugly. The pot is huge...it sucks that you have no reads. I think I fold here as the limp reraise screams AA or KK, which takes up two of the outs you need against whatever UTG has, which is probably something like 10 10 - QQ...but i'm guessing. I'd go ahead and fold, hope that UTG called so i could see what both of them were playing with here and take some serious notes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre reply doesnt really match the hand action. Who's limp reraise are you referring to? utg was the one limping, unless you mean BBs coldcall-reraise?
What do you mean by "hope that UTG called", utg has already called and is not left to act...

Also, when you and others say fold, youre talking about folding to the 57$ raise to 67$ right?

Because I'm getting 8 to 1 (assuming I push whats left and utg calls, which he ofcourse will) on the very last raise by BB to 130$ so that can't be a fold right?