Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Re: EverCrack

I found all the flagging and bottlenecking annoying. The game was better as it was originally designed, when bottlenecks didn't substitute for content. In the original and thoughout almost all of Kunark, if you were strong enough to go someplace, go ahead. The restrictions were there because of your level of skill, not because of your guild connections or artificial time sinks. You could go to pretty much anyplace you wanted at any time you wanted, if you could handle it. The rare keys needed were all doable with a friend or two, maybe even solo if you were good. The game started going belly up when you couldn't even see most of it anymore unless you were in the right guild.

My major regret is that I didn't sell off the million or so plat I had before I quit.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:36 PM

Wow, yeah.. that would have to go for at least a grand wouldn't it?
Old 10-21-2005, 08:38 PM

I think the plat alone was worth 700 to 800-ish at the time I quit. And I had a ton of items and rare ingredients. I was max on most trades, too. I wouldn't be surprised if I left a grand on the table there, or more.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:48 PM

I sold a million spare plat before I quit for $600, but now I wish I had sold everything so that I wouldn't have been tempted to come back and play again. I got nothing done this week. And no one is going to want to buy EP/semi-Time geared level 65 toon nowadays.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:53 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

i would never want to play a game like that again. it was awesome at the time though. sometimes i miss certain things in life, like zoning. or a 3 hour boat ride. or killing a cactus, or staying up 36 hours straight waiting for the ancient cyclops. i also miss being a professional mod rod dropper, they were always lined up so nicely! is there anything better in life than a good AE group ? seriously.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:55 PM

Heh. I quit right before my guild got to Time. Just wasn't worth it to me anymore. I can't imagine what incredible stuff people have who stayed, if Time goodies have become junk. Ia 70 the top level now? I wonder how many people still play and if they're still putting out expansions.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:01 PM

I miss slapping DOTs in Plane of Fire in that big rectangular courtyard with a good group. And I really had a lot of fun playing my SK at the same time I played my shaman. They both could DOT, and the SK provided the snare that the shaman didn't have. I loved soloing a snared, slowed mob that sometimes other whole groups were too frightened to try. It was a beautiful thing. If I hadn't been able to play two at once, I would have quit the game years earlier.

I don't really miss EQ, but I do miss how competent everyone was. The standards of play in WoW are so low it's insane. I actually start to get angry sometimes, and the noobs have no idea why. That's one of the reasons quitting WoW was pretty easy. I probably shouldn't have bothered paying for another month again in WoW. No harm done, I'll just cancel the recurring chare.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:06 PM

You were a shaman? I think I remember you from the shaman website. I read there sometimes. You posted good stuff!
Old 10-21-2005, 09:09 PM

Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I was Blarg there too. Then my name got messed up so I was BlargX. That was a very good board. There were a lot of really good discussions there.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:13 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

ah memories. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]