Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 07:39 PM

Default A few AK hands

I just jumped to 3/6 from 2/4 today and had a nice downswing of 50bb but you've all heard the standard about downswings. I want to evaluate my play, I've noticed some crazy things at 3/6, more aggressive play if the flop comes rags and they think you have overcards. I had some guy cap the flop with Ace high and he wasn't even a LAG.

Here's one AK hand, should I call this river? Villains stats are 20/10.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 11-28-2004, 07:43 PM

Default Another one

Villain 50/10.6, Postflop Agg: 1.06

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.66 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.66 BB
Old 11-28-2004, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Another one

Was this hand just grossly overplayed? Villain is a LAG with 50% VP$IP and 11% PFR, Postflop AGG is 3.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.16 BB

This is just bad right? I know it's bad but I like to post hands and hear people write something that says it's bad, it's bad isn't it?
Old 11-28-2004, 07:47 PM

Default Re: A few AK hands

You need to be good on the river 1 in 6 times to break even. You will not be good anywhere near that often. Fold the river.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:49 PM

Same as above (excpet this time you won't be good anywhere near 1 in 6.67 times).
Old 11-28-2004, 07:50 PM

check behind on the turn, if you insist on betting then you need to fold to the c/r. Calling the river is, once again, a crime agaisnt humanity.

Just out of curiosity, what's your WTSD stat?
Old 11-28-2004, 07:54 PM

Default This one is a bit better?

SB 11/7.67, Postflop AGG 3.6
BB 57/15, Postflop AGG 0.58

Should I have layed this down on the flop?

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

River: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 11-28-2004, 07:57 PM

Default Re: This one is a bit better?

First of all I'd cap preflop. You have position and you're gettin 2-1 on your money.

Getting 11-1 and given the preflop action that occured I'll peel one off on the flop. Once the turn misses you and he's still firing you have to fold.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:57 PM

Default Re: A few AK hands

I believe you made a mistake on the turn by checking. Your opponent could have anything after that flop. If you bet the turn you continue to represent a strong hand and get him to (maybe) fold hands like QJ and such. If he checkraises you or bets out on the river you know you are beat and can fold. By betting the turn it takes guessing what to do on the river.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check behind on the turn, if you insist on betting then you need to fold to the c/r. Calling the river is, once again, a crime agaisnt humanity.

Just out of curiosity, what's your WTSD stat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to be honest now, I think it's a while ago since I played horrible poker like this, criminal even as you state. I think I even tilted a little after all the bizarre beats that's why I stopped playing when I noticed all this, but it happens to everyone I guess. You're probably thinking what the hell i'm doing at 3/6 playing like this. After posting these hands I see how clear these decisions are.

I'll throw you all my stats. I have about 30k hands in my db, everything from my early days at 0.05/0.10 to 3/6.

VPIP 15.8%
Won $ WSF 29.59%
Went to SD 30.39%
Won $ at SD 56%
PFR 7.45%