Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 06:58 AM

Default Record for cold decks?

Just wondering what your personal record for getting cold cards is?
2 hours into a session? 6 months? U get the idea [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2005, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Record for cold decks?

Cold Cards? Whats that?
Old 05-22-2005, 07:21 AM

I know it isn't the answer you're looking for, but you really shouldn't worry about this stuff. You have good cards or you don't, what really matters is what you do with them.

I know that's a bit obvious, but the point is that you should strive for a state of mind where you don't need to worry about something like this. The length of cold-streaks different people have had is very meaningless.

That said, winning players on this site have mentioned break-even stretches lasting up to and over 30k hands.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know it isn't the answer you're looking for, but you really shouldn't worry about this stuff. You have good cards or you don't, what really matters is what you do with them.

I know that's a bit obvious, but the point is that you should strive for a state of mind where you don't need to worry about something like this. The length of cold-streaks different people have had is very meaningless.

That said, winning players on this site have mentioned break-even stretches lasting up to and over 30k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very well said.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:02 AM

ok, playing small stakes where it is very possible to achieve bb win rates of multiple times what one can obtain at higher limits, any player who has a break-even stretch of 30k hands is exactly that, a break-even player. There have to be serious leaks in your game to not post a positive result at 3/6 after even 3k hands, let alone 30k.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, playing small stakes where it is very possible to achieve bb win rates of multiple times what one can obtain at higher limits, any player who has a break-even stretch of 30k hands is exactly that, a break-even player. There have to be serious leaks in your game to not post a positive result at 3/6 after even 3k hands, let alone 30k.

[/ QUOTE ]

you'r 100% wrong. Most of the time there is a minor leak or a huge leak after 30k hands if your not winning but it is entirely in the realms of possibility to run breakeven or worse for 30k hands when your true winrate is 3-4BB/100 with only a very very minor leak
Old 05-22-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There have to be serious leaks in your game to not post a positive result at 3/6 after even 3k hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually it takes more than nineteen posts for one to undeniably distinguish oneself as an idiot.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:23 AM

I've just had a 10k hand stretch with a W$WSF of 27.5%, a full 6% below my norm and a matched 47% W$SD.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:35 AM

Long rungs of Cold Deck's have caused a lot of players to go broke. You play worse when you're losing (even if you don't think you are, you're making checkdowns when you should be betting for value etc..).

Also, Bankroll management is re-inforced when you get a cold streak [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2005, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've just had a 10k hand stretch with a W$WSF of 27.5%, a full 6% below my norm and a matched 47% W$SD.

[/ QUOTE ]
These numbers are really terrible. What did they cause in lost BB?