Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Big slick against an autobettor/raiser

MP2 is taggy and in this hand is using the auto bet/raise button on every street. UTG+1 only plays about 10% of the hands with a PFR of 3%. I only have about 30 hands with these two.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.66 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.66 BB
Old 01-07-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Big slick against an autobettor/raiser

Not sure what the question is...

I think it was played fine given the lack of info. I'm always interested in things like the auto bet/raise or a limp reraise etc online as they are great things to note so I'm willing to pay an extra bet or two, especially when theres a decent chance my hand is good or has a decent number of outs.

ReMMy
Old 01-07-2005, 03:30 PM

I'm bumping this for you because I want to see some opinions.

We should be able to narrow down a solid players hand here pretty easily, and IMO you're only ahead of one of them (maybe 2 if he'll cold-cap w/ JJ), and possibly tied with another, after the flop.

It looks like the real question is what to do on the flop. Since the pot is so huge betting out so MP2 will raise loses a bit of its luster. (Gut-shots and 5 outers are still going to be able to call correctly.)

Then again, there's always the chance that you might fold someone who's got you reverse dominated. I think the chances of that are slim, however, so I'm leaning toward a check/call on the flop, with the hope he's got QQ or another AK without a spade.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:45 PM

If MP3 is TAGGY like you say, then he probably has AA with the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I have no idea why he would auto bet/raise, but he could have QQ as well. It just seems hard for him to have anything else logically but the nuts.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:12 AM

I knew the enemy autoraised preflop. I was hoping that my flop bet would slow him down but he had the raise any button pushed again. I haven't played many players who use the raise any button on every street except for players with AA or KK. But I don't run into it often. When my flop bet resulted in the auto raise, I called hoping for spade mainly on the turn. I am no longer sure a K or A helps. Turn is standard I would say. River play may be suspect. Anyway that was my thought process.