Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Obsessive-compulsive walking patterns / cracks / lines / etc.

[ QUOTE ]
No, OCD doesn't suck, you do.

I'm glad you are as neurotic as you suck, it almost makes you more palatable. Nope, it doesn't.

Go check your alarms.

[/ QUOTE ]

after the first line (which wasnt all that good anyway) that was weak. though you have been posting much better lately.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:31 AM

Thanks! I know this isn't my stronger moments, but its late and I've had a long day.

As to the original thread, when I stop and think about it, I work out weird patterns with the sidewalk. But [censored], I do that with craps too.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know how much it means to you.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:35 AM

You'd be surprised. Ever since you didn't get my elitist sarcasm with a college thread a year ago, I've been trying to win you back.

What the [censored] man! I looked after you in those cold hard twelve minutes in the library.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You'd be surprised. Ever since you didn't get my elitist sarcasm with a college thread a year ago, I've been trying to win you back.

What the [censored] man! I looked after you in those cold hard twelve minutes in the library.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i totally dropped the ball on the college stuff. it was pretty thinly veiled, but all the good sarcasm is.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:53 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
In a weird way this thread is kind of comforting, I wonder if this OCD is more prevalent in poker players. I do so much of this stuff it's crazy, from the avoiding cracks on sidewalks to the clacking my teeth each time I pass a light pole when I'm in a car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have absolutely nothing but anecdotal evidence, but I've found that smarter people tend to have more little quirks like this. Staying with that idea, 2p2 has a higher concentration of smart people than average, which would result in more people having similar symptoms here.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:10 AM

whao, you people are nuts. haha
Old 09-27-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok i doubt anyone else shares this particular neuroticism but... say we're driving down the highway and someone else is driving and i'm in the back seat. Often i'll click my teeth (just kinda bite down or something lightly ) for every one line and try to do it for each white line and then stop eventually when i realizei t would be impossible to do it for all the lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll do something similar to that. Whenever there is a line in the road, I'll curl my toes up, or lift my heels off the ground. Sometime I'll do this every time we pass a telephone pole instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this, but I shoot a finger gun instead of curling toes/lifting heals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I sometimes shoot the finger gun when doing this, but usually just shoot like mind laser beams or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is such a quirky but interesting thread. Here's mine: while riding in the car (and only while riding in the car for some reason) I imagine that from the roof of the car on both sides extends a really long saw or knife or something that wraps all the way around the world and is leveling all trees and buildings, etc. on the entire planet to the same height. I have done this for as long as I can remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. Never done that, but have done a similar thing where bungee cords or ropes extend from the car and wrap around stuff.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok i doubt anyone else shares this particular neuroticism but... say we're driving down the highway and someone else is driving and i'm in the back seat. Often i'll click my teeth (just kinda bite down or something lightly ) for every one line and try to do it for each white line and then stop eventually when i realizei t would be impossible to do it for all the lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll do this (but with me I'm generally shooting an imaginary line in my mind through the gap) between lane line markings, between open spaces where a row of cars line up, between guardrail posts, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

HOLY [censored]. I definately thought I was the only person in the world that did this. Good to know Im not crazy. Or at least not alone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect some of this stuff is very hard to understand for people who don't do stuff like this.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you concerned about physically harming a loved one, pushing a stranger in front of a bus, steering your car into oncoming traffic; inappropriate sexual contact; or poisoning dinner guests?

[/ QUOTE ]

I found that question strange because I was like:

Are you concerned about:

physically harming a loved one - WTF, OF COURSE NOT YOU PSYCHOPATH!

pushing a stranger in front of a bus - UH, OF COURSE!

steering your car into oncoming traffic - HELL, YEAH!

inappropriate sexual contact - WTF, NO YOU PERVERT!;

poisoning dinner guests - WTF KIND OF CRAZY QUESTION IS THIS, HELL NO!