Old 11-16-2005, 03:32 AM

Default Re: A Hand from the 2+2 Table that I don\'t think I played very well

[ QUOTE ]
I just call the flop here, I don't really see KK or QQ raising behind you

I like the turn check behind given how you played it

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-16-2005, 03:54 AM

FLOP: One way: just call it down and raise on the river maybe. If you raise the flop, anyone without a good ace folds, so let him do the betting for you with his KK. If he has AK or AQ, you lose the least.

TURN: Bet. What's with the checkthrough?
Old 11-16-2005, 05:14 AM

I'm late to the game but I like just calling the flop.

Since you guys are at least trying and not simply clicking the 'raise' button I don't think the guy behind is going to get frisky with a hand you're beating.

Also, I've played in quite a few of these games and his 3-bet before the flop could be a lot of hands, most of which you don't mind him calling with. (Although I think he's folding a huge percentage of the time, and he's likely very right to do so.)

I like the turn. It's going to be tough for him to call with a worse hand, and you also encourage him to flail on the river whild not giving him the chance bluff you off the best hand.

(Although, while your turn check might induce a bluff, I'm guessing if he bets the river you're beaten, but nowhere near often enough to fold.)
Old 11-16-2005, 10:26 AM

I think I'd call the flop and raise any non-diamond turn, folding to a 3-bet. My river plan would depend on who is still in the hand.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:58 AM

Is it me, but I'd have fold pré-flop here.
First, with A-Js UTG, i like to call, not raise. After, you are reraised and then it's capped to you. I don't think you have the best hand right now, and you clearly not have the position, this is why i fold here.

But you have call, and SB bet on the flop. I'm sur he has a better Ace, the SB won't bet with 3 players behind him with K-K. And we won't capped préflop with A-10, so again, you have to fold.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:00 AM

I like the turn check behind. Getting check-raised here would really stink. (Doesn't help matters that we're now behind KK either.) Plus, I think if you're ahead, there's an excellent chance your turn bet isn't getting called. So he folds if we're ahead, and he could c/r us if we're behind. If you check, he will most likely bet the river for you.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This might be interesting. I just sat down, but you know the usual suspects.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP (Sightless) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB (TheMainEvent) caps</font>, Hero calls, MP (Sightless) calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">TheMainEvent bets</font>.

What's the plan, guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call the flop. If raised, call the raise and fold the turn unimproved (no J, no flush draw - I didn't get if you have BDFD or not). Don't raise if an A falls.

(I don't know any of the the players invloved so this is just a guess based on the fact that they are 2+2's)
Sightless has 77-AA Aks-AJs, KQs
TheMainEvent has a high PP or AK
Old 11-16-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (12.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">TheMainEvent bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Sightless folds, TheMainEvent calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
TheMainEvent checks, Hero checks.

Edit: FWIW, I think Sightless's range in this is roughly 88+, ATs+, AJo+, KQs+. The game was slightly loose and very aggressive. I'm not sure if it was more common to have doubly raised pots or singly raise pots. Virtually every pot was raised, and virtually every pot was contested. TME's range is going to be more like TT+, AK, AQs, although it might be a bit tighter than that (no TT, no AQs).

[/ QUOTE ]

As you can see I am answering this blind...

I love the check. I call every river bet and raise an ace. Check behind on a Q or K.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it me, but I'd have fold pré-flop here.
First, with A-Js UTG, i like to call, not raise. After, you are reraised and then it's capped to you. I don't think you have the best hand right now, and you clearly not have the position, this is why i fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi John - Welcome to the forums!

Two things: 1) You should be raising this from UTG at full ring 0.5/1, must less in UTG 6-handed. (That's like MP2 in a full game - limping first-in with a pretty hand like AJ would be a big no-no.) And 2) This is a 2+2 game. They're very aggressive. We definitely can call after it's capped behind us. I might even call in a regular game, depending on the opponents.

[ QUOTE ]
But you have call, and SB bet on the flop. I'm sur he has a better Ace, the SB won't bet with 3 players behind him with K-K. And we won't capped préflop with A-10, so again, you have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero's raise and MP's 3-bet aren't necessarily an A. Again, this is an aggressive game. SB is betting here out of position and will re-evaluate after the action.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call every river bet and raise an ace. Check behind on a Q or K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given my range, how is an second A going to give him the winning hand if he didn't have it already?