Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: A Hand from the 2+2 Table that I don\'t think I played very well

Im gonna have to agree. An underpair has 2 outs and a hand we dominate has 3.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:50 AM

Fold PF u jerk
Old 11-16-2005, 01:59 AM

I went ahead and raised, and it's probably wrong. What I was thinking at the time is that Sightless might raise behind me with KK and put me in a terrible spot. However, I knew right well that Sightless was playing nittier than your average bear at this table (which was still fairly laggy), and he'd be pretty stupid to raise a pf-capper and a caller on an A high flop with KK. I should have known better than to raise.

The turn on this hand is pretty interesting, IMO, as well. I'll just show you what I did, and you can discuss what I was thinking and how meritorious that is.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">TheMainEvent bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Sightless folds, TheMainEvent calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
TheMainEvent checks, Hero checks.

Edit: FWIW, I think Sightless's range in this is roughly 88+, ATs+, AJo+, KQs+. The game was slightly loose and very aggressive. I'm not sure if it was more common to have doubly raised pots or singly raise pots. Virtually every pot was raised, and virtually every pot was contested. TME's range is going to be more like TT+, AK, AQs, although it might be a bit tighter than that (no TT, no AQs).
Old 11-16-2005, 02:04 AM

If we're not folding, this is how I see it:

Just calling will allow MP to raise with a larger range of hands. I can see him testing BB with his KK, QQ, AQ-AJ, or even less.

However, if we raise here, we can freeze up any tricky stuff from MP and face him with two bets, against the original preflop raiser and the capper. He certainly could only reraise a monster in this instance. If he did I think we fold.

For BB to cap and lead out the flop takes a certain confidence, so our raise not only forces MP to expose his strength, but tests BB as well, while it's still cheap to do so. Without a big ace I don't see how he can 3-bet us given the action.

Overall, I think we can't fold if we might have the best hand here, and our only way of gaining insight to that is to raise for information. Any thoughts?
Old 11-16-2005, 02:07 AM

Your thinking seems pretty clear to me -- get this hand to showdown. It really comes down to how often they will checkraise you as a semi-bluff there. No idea, but I think a value bet here would be thin at best, given that you are either outkicked or you have his big pair smoked.

What I think is going to be interesting is if it is checked to you on the river. Do you value bet?

As for the flop, am I the only one who calls with the intention of reevaluating based on impending action? If MP calls, I'm probably blasting any turn card. If it goes raise and 3-bet, it looks like a fairly easy fold. If he raises and the BB calls, you are probably (but not certainly) behind but drawing live.

-K
Old 11-16-2005, 02:11 AM

Wook I'm a bit confused here....for starters, which play are you claiming is better than raising, call or fold? To me it seems MP's fold and BB's freezing up is justification for your raise.

Secondly, once BB only calls you and checks the turn, my instinct says to bet there, yet you check. Can you go into your reasoning a bit on this? Thanks
Old 11-16-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wook I'm a bit confused here....for starters, which play are you claiming is better than raising, call or fold? To me it seems MP's fold and BB's freezing up is justification for your raise.

Secondly, once BB only calls you and checks the turn, my instinct says to bet there, yet you check. Can you go into your reasoning a bit on this? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

His turn check was good. If he bet he could expect a fold or a c/r, and a c/r is very bad for him here.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:20 AM

I just call the flop here, I don't really see KK or QQ raising behind you

I like the turn check behind given how you played it
Old 11-16-2005, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just call the flop here, I don't really see KK or QQ raising behind you

I like the turn check behind given how you played it

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-16-2005, 03:08 AM