Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Multi-tableing 15-30 and 30-60

I was just curious what kind of bankroll one would need to multi-table 4-6 15-30's. And also how much for maybe 4 30-60's? And what kinds of swings should one expect in each respectively? Thanks for any help. Oh and also if you can get away with playing that many games at thoise levels or do the players play better and you need to conentrate on each game more individually where you should only play 2 or 3? I mean can you play 4 to 6 in a robotic solid preflop style and beat the games almost as good as focusing hard on or 2? Thanks agian for any help!
Old 11-16-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Multi-tableing 15-30 and 30-60

The answer to every question is:
It depends

How well can you concentrate and play 4 tables?
How good are you?
How soft are the games?

You will almost certainly see a significant decrease in your win rate going from 2 tables to 4. You will also see more variance.

Your post makes it sound like you haven't played much at those levels or you wouldn't be asking about robotic preflop play (and seemingly be dismissing that at those levels the key is POST flop play).

Old 11-16-2005, 12:38 PM

You should not just start playing 4-6 tables, you should work your way up. For 15-30, $18,000+ is a good starting point, for $30-$60 maybe between $40,000-$45,000.

Your swings will be a function of your edge in the games. Good players will have maybe 2 or 3 200BB downswings in a year if you are playing 25k hands a month. Players with a negligable edge shouldn't play these games to begin with because their swings will be astronomical relative to what they have previously experienced in terms of BB.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:56 PM

Is that 18,000 for 1 15-30 or for 4? and 40 to 45 for 1 30-60 or 4?

As far as working my way up to 4 games. I have multi-tabled 4 15-30's already and sometimes 5 or 6 for awhile. But its only been months. And sometimes i only play 2 or 3. Depends my mood and how many juicy games i find. And i haven't hit i big downswing yet so dont know how bad it might be and was curious what to expect.

This isn't vince btw i'm a buddy of his from out of town and am having trouble with my laptop so he let me use his computer and id as i don't have one yet. So was that for 1 game each those bankroll requirements? Thanks again.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:00 PM

The figures i mentioned were sufficient for playing as many tables as you want at those limits. Also, please note that i feel those should be the lower end of the bankroll requirements, the more you have the better.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The figures i mentioned were sufficient for playing as many tables as you want at those limits. Also, please note that i feel those should be the lower end of the bankroll requirements, the more you have the better.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, 1000BB is my comfort zone.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:08 PM

Yeah, but if i said that everyone would call me a pussy.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:13 PM

1) concentration isn't good at 4 but its not good at 1 either lol. i can handle 4 fairly easy as far as acting on hands and stuff

2)i'm a solid pro. how good i dont know. but i know excellent preflop strategy and at least pretty good post flop strategy.

3) wel the 15-30's it varies but usually kinda soft. 30-60's i dont know havent played those limits often enough to know but i hear varied stories from much harder to thats where the fish are.

Yes i ex[ect to see a decrease from 2 games to 4 but will you make more money in 4 because of extra hands played plus money earned in rakeback?

Again i have played a decent amount of hands playing multiple 15-30 games but very little 30-60. I don't get why you dont understand robotic play preflop? If you play multiple games you must play somewhat ropbotic preflop to handle those games. As far as postflop i am not discounting it but obviously its hard to have a robotic postflop strategy as the situation can be different. But even than postflop play is sometimes robotic when it comes to playing certain hands. Like big pair i'm raising or reraising coming in preflop and i'm raisng or reraising on flop unless unusal board or overcard flops.

Btw i dont think the key is postflop play. Alot of people say and think that but i disagree. The key is preflop play. Obviously if you play excellent preflop and excellent postflop you will do much better than someon excellent preflop and good postflop. But preflop is much more importnat than postflop imo as long as you dont play bad postflop. The reason being is you have alot more decisions preflop because every hand you get dealt is a decision. If you are making bad prelfop decisions in will cost you alot of money. Plus it will put you into bad postflop position causing you to make more errors and cost you more money. So yes i have play at those levels bu dont agree with you saying postflop is more important.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:20 PM

You aren't ready.

Welcome to the tables though.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:22 PM

You mean to tell me that 18k is enough for 1 15-30 game or for 10 games at a time at 15-30? I have heard this and understand the theory kinda. But others say the swings are so much bigger with multiple games the bankroll has to widen a ton. Your theroy is it doenst matter if 1 or 10 because its still 15-30 and your just playing one 15-30 but getting alot of hands quicker at 15-30 right? did i make that clear? Thanks again