Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - Offer from a start up site

[ QUOTE ]
If this all comes together, it appears there is more interest than there will be spots available.

[/ QUOTE ]

Move to determine spots by post count.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If this all comes together, it appears there is more interest than there will be spots available.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about join date? I could have 10k posts by the end of tonight if i really wanted.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:10 PM

Wonderful to see this kick off. Hopefully it draws alot of attention from regulars here.

"state of the art"... Now, an army of 2+2'ers locking up a state of the art site is bad. I want a "state of the art" site. The contender to the throne is UB, which third semester CS students would be only slightly ashamed of.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about join date?

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that
Old 08-20-2005, 07:48 PM

Wow, first you're looking for lots and lots of players, and now you have too many. Funny how things go.

Like a number of posters, I'm looking forward to having a chance to "bank" some high-entry fee tournaments, and IMHO if only 20 posters are allowed to join in the beginning, they better be players that are actually going to play for the whole period and earn those seats.

I would be very disappointed if I was left out, especially if some of those who got in only played a few hours each week. Obviously nobody is going to question your commitment after playing the hands you did to win the WSOP seat - but I hope everybody that gets into this deal is really going to put in the hours.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant!
Old 08-20-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I realize that some may think that this is nothing more than a glorified propping situaton since it is a new site.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the point of this program is to have a team of "props" starting up and keeping games alive, this is a crappy deal. there's plenty of sites offering ~100% rakeback.

if, by some miracle, they're able to get a lot of players playing on this site without having to rely heavily on these props, this could be a great deal for the players. but if that's the case, i don't really see a significant benefit to the site in running this program.

i'm very skeptical, though i'd love to see this work. i'm definitely interested in participating if it takes off.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested..

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-20-2005, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and IMHO if only 20 posters are allowed to join in the beginning, they better be players that are actually going to play for the whole period and earn those seats.

I would be very disappointed if I was left out, especially if some of those who got in only played a few hours each week. Obviously nobody is going to question your commitment after playing the hands you did to win the WSOP seat - but I hope everybody that gets into this deal is really going to put in the hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Dogmeat,

I could not agree more. This is supposed to be a deal for "high volume players" and not just for anyone that just thinks this is a good deal.

How to determine if someone is truly a high volume player would be very difficult. Naturally the program is self policing for the site due to the fact if a player fails to hit the rake requirement during the alloted time period they would not earn the trip.

However, this is not an all or nothing proposal since the site is offering a "safety net" of 40% rakeback. This feature alone might make it attractive to alot of players who do not play hands in high volume.

I know there were a few players at the Gaming Club that failed in their challenge for a WSOP seat which shows how difficult something like this is. (Granted this will be a cakewalk compared to what I did at TruePoker and Aamazon did at the Gaming Club.)

We do need players that will be successful and committed to playing the required hands in the allotted time. If a great percentage of the players that take on this challenge fail, then this could lessen our value in the future. If we are selling ourselves as high volume players, we better be high volume.

I would like to see us send a team of high volume players that do knock this out in 2-3 months. (Very doable, I think since it is based on a high percentage of rake paid, not hands)

If the site can provide enough games, with these percentages in place, I would feel confident I could qualify for 3 or 4 events in a year's time.(easily)

I think this is what everyone should ask themselves:

Given my current play how quickly could I complete such a challenge and how many events would I qualify for in a year's time?

If it would take you longer than 6 months,I would say you are not high volume. If you feel it would be a struggle to earn two trips a year given these percentages, I would say you are not high volume. (Once again this is assuming the site will have enough games going to support our play)
Old 08-20-2005, 10:03 PM

Even four-tableing with a mixture of limits should allow a player who plays for a living to "win" a $10,000 entry every few months. $14K in rake is no problem (unfortunately) for many of us. I'd love to be able to plan on four major tournaments a year.