Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Negotiating a student-loan settlement. Guide to dealing w/Collecti

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have to believe that if I spoke to the guy, told him that he wouldn't be seeing a dime unless he went to, say, 7-8k, which he would get in full next week if he agreed to it, that he'd eventually cave. Yes, or no, do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Telling someone that you can round up 7-8k in a week's time is a horrible way to convince them that you don't have any money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken, gist would be that *she* doesn't have any money, and he's not getting blood from a stone -- but that I would be willing to pay off her debt if he came down on the amount owed. If he refuses, then fine, he can immediately commence garnishing nothing from nothing -- but if he wants his tasty little commission check, he can compromise. These guys work on commission to a great degree, correct?
Old 07-01-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Negotiating a student-loan settlement. Guide to dealing w/Collections?

[ QUOTE ]
so your girlfriend borrows a ton of money she wont be able to pay back for a useless degree (if youre cant afford a degree, dont get it if its going to be useless). now she is freeloading off you and doesnt want to pay for it? and is wasting her time writing plays? no offense, but she needs to get with it. sounds like she made a bad judgement call getting the degree, and when you do stuff like that as a grownup you have to pay for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, her plays are pretty damn good. Definitely a bad judgement call on her part re the degree, though.

Enough of the attacks . . . f'ing Donald Trump declared bankruptcy twice, for pete's sake. And I'm almost positive he's a grownup. And then there was that bigass S&L bailout. Dodging debt is The American Way! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Negotiating a student-loan settlement. Guide to dealing w/Collections?

im just saying that i dont borrow money i cant pay back, and if i do i dont try to skirt it.

ok, the plays comment was harsh and unfair, but my point is the world is not everyones oyster all the time. people have obligations, you cant just do whatever moves you all the time.

donald trump is an [censored].
Old 07-01-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Negotiating a student-loan settlement. Guide to dealing w/Collecti

This is a good site dealing with credit and collections.

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/