Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: SSHE hand, page 150

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If so (and hopefully some agreement by a big hitter or two [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) I wholeheartedly agree.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't hit big enough for you!? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] You could also read the explanation in SSHE around p.36. That guy hits pretty big.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant another big hitter. Don't be upset!! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess this is where I get confused with pot equity. So you're saying when calculating equity, you should consider it to the river instead of just to the turn? If so (and hopefully some agreement by a big hitter or two [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) I wholeheartedly agree. For some reason I've been thinking of equity in terms of me hitting to the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not that I'm a big hitter, but you're correct. We're in until the river here - no doubt. Since we are, we want the odds that our flush will come in by then. Those odds are what we consider when deciding whether or not to pump a put on the flop while still drawing.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So now my question is, Why just call the reraise? Why not make it four and cap it? The SB is staying in and the limpers are looking like they're both staying in (it was 2 back to them), so it's still 3 to 1 money here, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you read the footnote at the bottom of the page 150?

"Raising again, especially if it is a cap, is also a strong option. You have position, a big draw, and three players calling. Your raise is probably for value, and it also might earn you a free card on fourth street"

So the answer to your question is that raising again is fine. One reason to slow down would be to collect extra big bets by having the SB bet into you on the turn or river when you hit your flush. I can see arguments for both here.

[/ QUOTE ]

WLLH suggests capping in this situation as well, so long as you have enough players in the pot with you.