Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 12:37 AM

Default PokerStars 5NL

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I searched but I couldn't find anything regarding this.

At the moment, I'm playing at Ultimatebet's nano-limit $2NL tables and after scoring on the Royal Hold'em games when they first came out, I have the bankroll for the $5 NL games at PokerStars. My questions are, how do these deep-stack games differ and how can I adjust my play? I've heard that a lot of players buy-in short there, but how often is this a problem? Obviously my implied odds would be a lot better, but how often am I going to catch someone's stack with it being so deepstacked?

Thanks,
-Boolean
Old 11-14-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: PokerStars 5NL

[ QUOTE ]
how often am I going to catch someone's stack with it being so deepstacked?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what the blinds are, but I'd imagine you could stack people plenty of times. I doubt people can consistently fold their draws, overpairs, and top pair hands at this level.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I searched but I couldn't find anything regarding this.

At the moment, I'm playing at Ultimatebet's nano-limit $2NL tables and after scoring on the Royal Hold'em games when they first came out, I have the bankroll for the $5 NL games at PokerStars. My questions are, how do these deep-stack games differ and how can I adjust my play? I've heard that a lot of players buy-in short there, but how often is this a problem? Obviously my implied odds would be a lot better, but how often am I going to catch someone's stack with it being so deepstacked?

Thanks,
-Boolean

[/ QUOTE ]
If your a winning player at this level, and play 10handed, go to pacific and play 5c/10c, the players there are ridulasly horriable. And if you can even sort of play ABC poker, you will destroy it. Its basicly nano-limit play, and the games are softer then PS 5$ i would imagine. IF you play 6max, then go to royal vegas. PS is notorious for haveing some of the tightest games on the net
Old 11-14-2005, 05:18 AM

its not really "deepstacked". i fool around there just to let off some steam, and people will hold onto top pair for dear life.

just get good reads on who is a donk and who isnt, then punish accordingly