Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 09:34 PM

Default AKo, top pair, facing aggression

First orbit against both players, so no reads.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Right here, UTG wakes up so I'm figuring a straight. J9, AJ are all possibilities. Button also 3-bets so I'm not sure how to go from here. I called because I can catch a Jack and split the pot if he does have a straight.

River: (22 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

23:1, I can't lay this down for one bet.

Final Pot: 25 BB
Old 08-04-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: AKo, top pair, facing aggression

Once you get to the river, it's a fold IMO. But I think folding the turn is the best way to go.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (12 BB) T (4 players)
Hero bets, BB calls, UTG raises, Button 3-bets, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. You're getting 19:2 or 9.5:1 on this turn call. One problem is that UTG caps this a decent percentage of the time after waking up here, I think. I think you're up against KT, K7, or QT a good portion of the time here, though, leaving you drawing somewhat live. Also J9 or AJ. The problem is that even if you're up against KT, someone with a lone jack is out there quite a bit and thus you're drawing to the other three jacks. Another problem is that your straight will often be split, and aces and kings will often already be beaten by a straight. I'd give you about 2-3 outs here so I would fold.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:39 PM

Muck it when it's 2 back to you. Your thought process is good, but your execution is not. Drawing to a split pot is rarely a reason to call.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:51 PM

With decent reads on the button, you might fold to the two bet on the turn. Button's turn play looks like a slowplayed two pair or set. UTG waking up means he must have a strong hand. Button 3-betting UTG means he must have a very strong hand.

If everyone calls and no one else raises you get 19:2 odds. If UTG folds (probably not) 18:2. If you get capped 3/24, and then you're beyond a reasonable doubt of the time. I think you are behind more than 2/21 of the time. You're behind to a straight, QK two pair, or a set. You're drawing dead against all but the two pair, which you have three outs. I think you should fold. Errr, I mean you have the J outs, but your hand still sucks.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:48 PM

grunch
I like the aggression here but you could be up against 2 pr on the flop with KQs a hand hes raising with...or even a set (quuens) once UTG wakes up im folding, he has no fold equity and your outs are to split so they really dont seem to be worth drawing to. I fold to UTG raise...
cdl