Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 08:20 PM

Default A7s, preflop and flop decisions

Reads: I've seen MP1 raise preflop one time before with AKo. He's pretty loose and passive before the flop but will bet out good hands until shown some resistance.
SB has raised QT, KQ, QQ, KK, AK, etc.. He's almost a TAG at about 21/7. I think his post-flop play needs some work however.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Looking back at this, I probably should've folded this preflop. The loose-passive limp-reraise probably spells trouble. I'm getting 5.5:1 here however and it would be excellent if I hit a flush draw.

Flop: (15 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

I'm getting 9:1 here and I have top pair with a backdoor flush draw. I think this is an easy call, even if I do get 3-bet by the initial raiser.

Turn: (12 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flush draw, still have top-pair. Getting 6:1, I call.

River: (18 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

Fold unimproved. Thoughts?

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 08-04-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: A7s, preflop and flop decisions

OK I was going to criticize your flop call, but it might be ok. Obviously when a passive player limp reraises he likely has 1 of 2 hands.

Getting 9:1 may be enough with 4-5 outs, I'm not sure. Keep in mind that implied odds in these spots where you're drawing to a BDF are not as good as usual since you can improve on 4th street but brick the river just as you did.

You're never good on the river.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:34 PM

Yes. I think you can get rid of it PF.
Fold this on the flop. Folding this junk on the river is going to hurt you.

Edit: Now I see it again, I am wrong :P
Call on the flop is borderline I think. You have 1.5outs to the BDFD 2 sevens and propably 1.5 aces (if someone has AA). So you have 5 outs and 9 to 1 pot on your money. With implied odds you can call. So it's not wrong. The rest is standard.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:50 PM

This is a fold preflop. Once it is two back to you, there's no way you're going to make up for the extra investment postflop.

On the flop, It's close between calling and folding, but I learn towards folding.

MP limp-reraised before the flop. Combine that with the fact that he's raising a pretty drawless board increases the chance that he has AA, thus lowering the effective number of ace outs. If you hit your ace, you don't have very good implied odds, as that will freeze up somebody with KK. So you have two definite good outs, 1.5 b/d flush outs, and 1-2 tainted ace outs. You'll get between 7:1 and 9:1 odds depending on if SB 3-bets, and you have 4.5-5.5 outs. If everything's equally likely, you'll have about 5 outs getting 8:1 on average.

So, even though calling might be break-even, I still fold.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:01 PM

I think this hand is fine. Preflop, SSH includes all suited Aces in calling 2 cold in LP if 4 other people are in. Here, the pot is even bigger when it's raised and 3-bet behind you, so you should call here.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:40 PM

I don't fold the river for one bet getting 18:1. MP could be bluffing a missed flush draw that he overplayed or bluffing an overplayed AK.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't fold the river for one bet getting 18:1. MP could be bluffing a missed flush draw that he overplayed or bluffing an overplayed AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
SB has raised QT, KQ, QQ, KK, AK, etc.. He's almost a TAG at about 21/7

[/ QUOTE ] uh, don't think so.

Preflop is the only question in my mind once it's 2 back to you, but i guess i'm gonna need to see some numbers from people about what they figure villains' hands are and what we need to "make up" the bets. Personally though, i would have raised it preflop, but i guess if the table is loose/passive, limping is fine.

Flop: people advocate folding? wha? getting 9:1, need ~9:1 to break even and you're getting implied odds enough to make this call.

Turn: standard.
River: fold this.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:07 AM

Great play. You just were not lucky.
For the river: I'm a supercalling station for river bets in huge pots but I would fold here as well.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this hand is fine. Preflop, SSH includes all suited Aces in calling 2 cold in LP if 4 other people are in. Here, the pot is even bigger when it's raised and 3-bet behind you, so you should call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It`s still borderline.
If there was only a raise there`s still a decent chance to win by pairing the ace.
With a raise and reraise we are much more likely to be dominated.
We have to make the flush here and the SB could cap.
It`s close but our opponents have to be fairly loose postflop to justify a call here.
I`d fold preflop.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:24 AM

I`d 3-bet the flop
and call the river.