Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 11:40 PM

Default So are the Giants for real?

What do you guys think of their offense so far? A fluke, or the real deal? The special teams are doing fine but the defense needs work. It would be funny if Eli made a Superbowl before big brother did wouldn't it?
Old 10-16-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: So are the Giants for real?

I think they're overrated because they have a few good fantasy players. They've played 3 crappy teams at home, their OL is a question mark, and their defense stinks. They're the worst team in their division IMO.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:59 AM

I would have took you seriously if you weren't from Philly.
Just out of curiousity, have you seen any Giants games this year?
Old 10-16-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I moved to Philly 2 years ago. Hardly an Iggles fan. Notice screen name. I've seen them play the Saints & Chargers. I know the Saints, Rams, and Cardinals are turnovers waiting to happen.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I moved to Philly 2 years ago. Hardly an Iggles fan. Notice screen name. I've seen them play the Saints & Chargers. I know the Saints, Rams, and Cardinals are turnovers waiting to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to assume you were an Eagles fan. (god forbid,hehe!)
My take is the Eagles are the best in the NFC East, NY and Dallas will fight for 2nd and the Skins will bring up the rear. But I do think all 4 teams will win at least 7 games. With NY getting 9 home games, I do think they can win 10 games. They have a reasonalby easy schedule. As a Giant fan, I am just not used to seeing them score 40 points a game. Next year however, I think they will be very good and may pass Philly.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:17 AM

Most people seem to agree with you. I think the Skins are better than people think just because they have the best defense in the division, and they have a running game. If Brunnel can just continue to play average ball, that's a pretty solid team.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Next year however, I think they will be very good and may pass Philly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this since Owens is gone and they may be dumb enough to not resign Westbrook.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:14 AM

Well they have beaten the Cards (who stink), the Saints (stink too), and the Rams (stink alittle less but not much) at home. Then the Chargers beat them pretty badly in the only road game they had. I'd say wait a couple of weeks before the Eli Super Bowl talk. Probably 9 or 10 wins since they have 9 HOME GAMES!!!
Old 10-16-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well they have beaten the Cards (who stink), the Saints (stink too), and the Rams (stink alittle less but not much) at home. Then the Chargers beat them pretty badly in the only road game they had. I'd say wait a couple of weeks before the Eli Super Bowl talk. Probably 9 or 10 wins since they have 9 HOME GAMES!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I predict 10 wins. Not bad considering Vegas had them at 6 1/2 wins. Wish I took that bet.
BTW- I am in no way saying they will be in the Superbowl. I'm just saying how funny would it be if Eli beat Peyton to the Superbowl?
Old 10-16-2005, 02:36 AM

I don't think you can make a reasonably accurate prediction about the NFC East this year right now.

The Eagles have been good at times, but you know McNabb is hurting right now. Fully healthy, they're probably the best team, but they're not healthy, and this is one of the most competitive divsions in football.

The Eagles have been inconsistent, while others have not really yet haven't yet put together a win over a marquee team, or a truly impressive performance.

I think all of these teams are good enough to contend, but I really don't want to pick a division winner right now. I guess I'd still go with the Eagles, but you just don't know at this point.

Almost every other division in football is easier to handicap than this one.

The one thing I will say is that at least two of these teams will make the playoffs.