Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games

Old 12-10-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Re: 2-7 triple draw question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, I don't like playing trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why bother asking? You obviously knew from your original post that the hands were trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I just started playing this game. I have read nothing about it and I'm trying to figure it out. I thought this forum was for learning. If you think the question is bad, just don't respond to it. No reason to make people feel stupid or make snide and sarcastic comments or be condescending. After all, the OP stated in the first line that i'm a beginner and that I had a basic question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't sweat it spex. This is par for a lot of 2p2 posts. A typical thread goes like this.
1. What do I do here?
2. A couple of snide comments.
3. Someone gives advice w/o explaining thought process.
4. Another poster tells him that that is stupid line to take.
5. Some one says this hand post is pointless and not worthy of discussion.
6. More snide comments.
7. Everyone gets angry and moves on.

Don't get me wrong, there is some definitely valuable information here, but you have to wade through a lot of noise to find the good stuff.

This section tends to be a lot more sane as it receives much less traffic.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:17 PM

Thanks. I'm used to the 7 stud forum on 2+2 and the responses are more like "it was pretty dumb to play that hand, but since you did, this is what you should have tried..." or, "only a fish would play that, and here is why..." I did get some good info here though. Thanks for the responses.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:07 AM

I admit occasionally playing hands like 337 or 773 from the big blind vs. a single raise, but I don't play them from the SB because of the possibility of a raise from the BB. Paying 1.5 SB is too much to try to catch a 2, or to draw to 873 OOP.

The question you have to ask yourself is what happens when you catch a 4 or a 5. Do you continue drawing? If so, it can be a major leak. You are unlikely to see the second draw for free. (Something like 734 or 7345 is still bad to draw to, but at least drawing 1 or 2 cards will often let you see another street for free, or have some folding equity.)
Old 12-14-2005, 03:11 PM

Check out the Triple Draw chapter in SSII (by Negraneau). It will likely be helpful to you.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:53 AM

i've made up my mind a long time ago that i was never going to voluntarily complete in the sb with the intention of drawing 3 to an 8 and i think i've been better for it.

it is imperitive that if you do draw you have to have a deuce in your hand, so that includes throwing away 3-7-x-x-x too.

so in short i'll only play 2-3, 2-4, 2-5, 2-7, and i think it might be best if you toss 2-6 though i haven't really made up my mind about that.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I just started playing this game. I have read nothing about it and I'm trying to figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a good thread for Triple Draw beginners.