Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 06:17 AM

Default My weak blind defense with ATs

BB is a fairly tight-aggressive (15/8.5/2) over about 100 hands, I suspected that he does adjust his raising standards based on position, and that he has just had a bad run of cards.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (4.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 4.25 BB
Old 06-17-2005, 06:20 AM

Default Re: My weak blind defense with ATs

Why don't you fire at this flop?
Old 06-17-2005, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BB is a fairly tight-aggressive (15/8.5/2) over about 100 hands, I suspected that he does adjust his raising standards based on position, and that he has just had a bad run of cards.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (4.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 4.25 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see much you can do here... possibly take a shot on the turn? Betting the river is useless obviously.

Sometimes Ill go to war here and c/r flop and lead turn to boot out the better ace, but seeing as he is content to check down his AK, either take a shot on the turn or have "nh" ready to go in the chat box
Old 06-17-2005, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I'm scared of the cap? and I didn't connect with the board...
Old 06-17-2005, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Firing at this flop will cause AJ, AQ, or AK to raise for a free card, and will cause 99-AA to raise as well, it does nothing, and hero still doesnt know if he can continue with trying to push button off a hand
Old 06-17-2005, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, firing on the flop is only to assume Button isn't going to reraise. firing on the turn is probably the best idea, and if he calls, fire again on the river and hope to fold is AK.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:28 AM

I guess I play differently then you guys. You're calling a cap PF and willing to check it down?
Old 06-17-2005, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I play differently then you guys. You're calling a cap PF and willing to check it down?

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently you do. you like bettting into a preflop capper after missing the entire flop and then, i'd assume you'd fold to a reraise? you wasted money for nothing.

and i suggested firing on the turn and river, not for value, but fold as he seems to be playing his AK weakly and you could have fold equity here.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently you do. you like bettting into a preflop capper after missing the entire flop and then, i'd assume you'd fold to a reraise? you wasted money for nothing.

and i suggested firing on the turn and river, not for value, but fold as he seems to be playing his AK weakly and you could have fold equity here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he calls on the turn, he'll probably call again on the river, I take one shot on the turn and then check it down and give up
Old 06-17-2005, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, firing on the flop is only to assume Button isn't going to reraise. firing on the turn is probably the best idea, and if he calls, fire again on the river and hope to fold is AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of firing the turn, but I was quite afraid of a raise, and I didn't really know how to proceed if he did that -- basically, if he could be trying to steal again, or if he was pulling some weird slowplay move, so I just checked.

If villain bet at me, I probably would have peeled the flop, and if fired again on the turn, I'd fold.

If he fired the turn after the flop check, I probably would have called him down...not sure....

This hand really confused the hell outta me.