Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Growing a beard

This is the first time I've let my facial hair go for more than 4 days since I was 16. How long should this take? It's been about 12 days so far. Looks like I haven't shaved in a week. I'm 25 now. My brother has had a beard (still has something on his face, I think) and my father has had a mustache, so I assume it is possible for me as well. Still, the forest is a bit sparse so far. How long must I look like an unshaven bum?
Old 06-17-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: Growing a beard

Varies. You'll just have to wait and find out. I knew a family where the kids at 14 both had full, and I mean really bushy, bears and moustaches.

Sometimes you can find ways to still have a kind of beard even with some blank spots, like going for a Van Dyke or a goattee or something.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:44 AM

Aye - wait it out. I've been able to have a decent beard since I was 18. However, it doesn't look as dope as it does now at 32 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2005, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's been about 12 days so far. Looks like I haven't shaved in a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

So im guessing that its not growing very well to this point?
Cuz when its been 12 days since ive shaved it looks like i havent shaved in 12 days.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aye - wait it out. I've been able to have a decent beard since I was 18. However, it doesn't look as dope as it does now at 32 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're 32 and you say dope?
Old 06-17-2005, 12:19 PM

I think you will notice growing will help if you let it grow out some, then actually shave it down to let it grow out again. Some people will scratch their skin a lot because all that hair on their face/neck will just irritate their skin. I like growing a beard, and then shaving it off. I think it makes your facial hair grow at a steady pace by cutting it regularly. Usually your first try at any facial hair, doesn't come out the way you want. Its key to let it grow out some, and then trim it on a weekly basis. If you are going to grow one, invest in a decent beard trimmer. Its good for any beard, goatee, or just to trim sideburns if you have them.

But I think it is a proven fact, that a majority of most young women (I would say 80% against, 10% favor, 10% don't care) do not like male facial hair.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:31 PM

Go ahead and shave where the beard isnt going to be and then get you one of those trimmers to even out the hair because some will grow different ways (longer/sideways). You should notice a difference then. Good luck.