Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Give \'em Enough Rope...

...was the best album ever, long live the Cla--wait wrong thread.

Villain here has been around only 30 hands, but has proven to be an excellent, excellent ATM. He started out incredibly passive, his high point being calling the river with a straight because of a runner-runner diamond 3-flush on board. He's got around a 56% VPIP and will almost always sees about the same percentage of showdowns. He's been getting a good bit more aggro over the past orbit however, and this hand really surprised me. My play will probably surprise you.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Yeah you read that right. Here's my reasoning: the guy clearly thinks he has a monster here, and frankly I see no reason to show him otherwise. If I raise here I may make him fold if he's just had enough of me and is bluffing (I've been running over the table the last 20 minutes), or at least quiet down if he's got the trips that it looks like he has. So why not just call and raise the river here? If I'm really lucky I might even get trifectaed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Anyone like this, or is it just FPS? Would this be a play better reserved for when there are callers?