Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Fold top pair nines to TAG\'s turn raise? Prty 20/40

Hey AviD, thanks for your thoughts. Dang it, I had an extensive reply typed out that got lost in cyberspace. Short version is that the guy was high 1.x, low 2.x on aggression on postflop streets if I recall correctly, and I don't have a more detailed read. I assume he knows how to bluff and semibluff, but like you I don't see him pulling this line w/ much else than JhTh as a semibluff. I do think he could limp an overpair ... 6% PFR is pretty low, so he must limp some pretty strong hands I could see him limping TT there, maybe even JJ, and also AA for a limp reraise attempt. When he limped he could expect other limpers behind him or a raise behind him from the way the table had been playing, everyone folding was unusual.

I decided he was most likely on an overpair or better, by a pretty big margin, and I folded to the turn raise, so I don't have any results beyond that to report. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

B.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Fold top pair nines to TAG\'s turn raise? Prty 20/40

[ QUOTE ]

I decided he was most likely on an overpair or better, by a pretty big margin, and I folded to the turn raise, so I don't have any results beyond that to report. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

B.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that he's probably behind, but what makes you think that villan has an overpair? Villan is first in from MP I would assume he's raising at least AA-JJ. TT and 99 are likely though I guess. Anyway without a better read, just going on this guys stats, I'd say that villan has 98s most of the time and another good portion of the time TT/99. The only drawing hand that is likely in my opinion is JTh. A better read on villan would help a lot in this laydown. If villan is tricky and thinking, I'd be more apt to call down in this spot.