Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Party doesn\'t like cashouts after transfers

Have they always done this? My guess is that a very small fraction of the transfers made there actually fall within their guidelines. I take it they're objecting on anti-money laundering grounds, but I think they're kidding themselves if they really believe most transfers are just to allow someone to borrow some cash to play with while a deposit clears.

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting PartyPoker.com

We have received your request for cash out of $XXX. However we have noticed that you have cashed out after an "Inter Account Transfer" was made to your account by "XXXXXXXXXX".

We wish to draw your attention to the fact that the "Inter Account Transfer" facility is privileged feature provided to our esteemed players, so they might be able to play with the transferred funds, while awaiting their deposits. Transfer of funds for any reason apart from this, such as debt settlement or transfer of funds from one place to another, as in a bank, is strictly not encouraged. XXXXXXXXX, looking at your account standing with our site we have processed the cashout as a one time courtesy.

We request you to avoid such transactions in the future. If we find any such transactions in future then we will have to transfer the money back to the player who has transferred the funds to you.

XXXXXXXXX, please do understand that as part of our efforts to maintain our integrity, we do not allow players to cashout funds after an Inter Account Transfer, and we are constantly running checks to make sure that all our real money users adhere to the policies of our site.

We thank you in advance for your understanding and co-operation in this regards.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at alerts@PartyPoker.com and we will be more than glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Murali Krishna
Investigations Team
PartyPoker.com
Old 01-12-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Party doesn\'t like cashouts after transfers

[ QUOTE ]
Transfer of funds for any reason apart from this, such as debt settlement or transfer of funds from one place to another, as in a bank, is strictly not encouraged .

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't argue with legal bulletproof like that.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:08 AM

if they really believe most transfers are just to allow someone to borrow some cash to play with while a deposit clears.

Their guidelines encourage the person not to pay the borrowed money back too.

Lori
Old 01-12-2005, 02:34 AM

Im pretty sure you only get the message if the person who transferred the money had recently made a deposit which takes time to clear (such as using your checking account via IGM Pay). My friend recieved the same message when he tried to cash some money out that I had sent him recently after I had made a deposit.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im pretty sure you only get the message if the person who transferred the money had recently made a deposit which takes time to clear (such as using your checking account via IGM Pay). My friend recieved the same message when he tried to cash some money out that I had sent him recently after I had made a deposit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm reasonably sure that's not the case in this instance.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as part of our efforts to maintain our integrity, we do not allow players to cashout funds after an Inter Account Transfer

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh...so to stay correct per the policy, once you accept an Inter Account Transfer, you are to NEVER cashout funds? Never ever? 1 week later? 1 month later? 1 year later?

Does this effect how some people may receive rakeback?
Old 01-12-2005, 04:28 AM

Poker sites do not function as banks or financial intermediatries.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:23 AM

I had a similar problem. They wanted me to play 50 hands before I cashed it out. I did, then did. Seemed kind of petty and silly, but thats them.