Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Empire Threatens to Freeze my Account

[ QUOTE ]
Empire, you just got served!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Empire served him first with taking away the $500 bonus. Beer and Pizza served them back making them pay Neteller fees for no reason. You know what happens when you get served and you serve them back...

IT'S ON
Old 10-06-2004, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nice! i like being on team right. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also enjoy team right.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I talked my way out of it

[/ QUOTE ]

Why talk your way out of it? If you're going to make a statement, make a statement.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:47 PM

That was such a limp-dick thing to do. It's exactly like losing your stack in a game and going out to the parking lot and "keying" the winner's car. And then, when caught you say that you "just slipped and fell into the side of his car and you just happened to have your keys in your hand". If you felt like you were justified in "seeking revenge", why didn't you tell them why you did it?? My guess is that in a moment of clarity even an amoral XXXX like you was ashamed of being such a sneak-wuss. What do you think all this "terrorism" is about? It's little powerless people who feel they have been wronged and want revenge but don't have the wherewithall for a frontal attack so they sneak around and stab you in the back. You clearly share their life-view. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2004, 09:12 PM

Exactly. He's proud to "stand up to the man" but when called out, tries to talk his way out of it. He's upset with Empire but he's clearly not upset enough to not care about having his account closed.

This dude just went to a local pizzeria with a 80% off anything coupon and attempted to use it.. They said sorry, the coupon is a misprint, but have a 33% off anything coupon instead. He used it, then egged the store later that night to let them know that he won't stand up for such BS.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think all this "terrorism" is about? It's little powerless people who feel they have been wronged and want revenge but don't have the wherewithall for a frontal attack so they sneak around and stab you in the back. You clearly share their life-view. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How ironic (I know, you're American, look it up in a dictionary). Try doing a Google search for 'Peter Ustinov" "terrorism is the". Or some such. "It's little powerless people".... classic. Keep it up mate, VOTE BUSH! But something tells me you were going to anyway.

And so as to stay partly on topic - Empire can well afford to pay for their mistake. I deposited $200 into an empty Party account 5 weeks ago and have paid $700 in rake since, and i'm not even multitabling (and that's not including tournament fees!). Just because they're making a [censored] load of money doesn't mean that an honest mistake can't be accepted as such though.

If you want to kick up a fuss about something, kick up a fuss about the outrageous rake that is charged on a service that costs so little to provide. With their players and turnover Party could put a stranglehold on the entire market if they charged a sensible amount, I just hope someone else like Paradise or Stars opens their eyes and uses their profits to offer huge bonuses with associated blanket advertising whilst massively lowering the rake and does it first. I guess all the sites are trying to milk us suckers for all we're worth instead, knowing how hard, if not impossible, it is for a new site to break into the market now.

The Rev
Old 10-07-2004, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how hard, if not impossible, it is for a new site to break into the market now.

[/ QUOTE ]

History tells us this isn't true. I would practically guarantee a new site will come along and garner big business in the next two years.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:49 AM

get it guys? americans = stupid.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:18 AM

I want to know if MicroBob did this too?

It sounded like he was planning to do the deposit and cash-out routine.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:43 AM

Actually I have very little liking for Empire (or Bush for that matter).

Having said that, I have investigated the various sites and Empire seems to be the least objectionable for me at the moment. Therefore I am choosing to play there 'til something better comes along.

My point was not that Empire doesn't deserve some grief; it's how the grief is delivered that counts. A person who, after weighing the pros and cons, decides that Empire's cons outweigh its pros should vote with his feet by leaving Empire; not by resorting to kindergarten cowardly sneakiness. Two wrongs don't make a right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]