Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Affilaite problem, can they close my account for this?

I recently signed up as an affiliate without knowing all the rules and the details. Like an idiot, I sent my manager an emailing asking a question about how to know how much rake came from each player, so I could get the appropriate amounts back to them.. I honestly didnt know it was agaist thier policy. I havent yet had any rake deposited into my account since the this was my first month, so technically I havent broken any rules yet.

I just recieved an emailing from him asking for my number so we could discuss. I'm a little worried because my account is signed up under my fathers name, and I would hate it if I some how got in trouble for having an account at both Party and this branch site. I've got over 20k in my account, should start getting it out ASAP? Anybody have any idea about what kind of problems I might be looking at? Thanks.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Affilaite problem, can they close my account for this?

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly didnt know it was agaist thier policy. I havent yet had any rake deposited into my account since the this was my first month, so technically I havent broken any rules yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'll be fine.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:43 PM

Default Check the agreement

Check the user agreement. Unless there is something in there prohibiting it, you're fine. I would bet the only mention of this being prohibited is in the *afilliate* agreement, which you never were presented and never accepted. You only accepted the user agreement.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Check the agreement

I checked the Terms & Conditions of use. There is nothing in there about this. If they are at all reasonable (and I believe they will be), you're fine. You affiliate will, however, stop getting paid for you, and you, in turn, will not get any rake back.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:56 PM

sounds to me that he is an affiliate, not a player. yes, i am sure he is both, but he was asking his affil. manager how to give rakeback.

[ QUOTE ]
I sent my manager an emailing asking a question about how to know how much rake came from each player, so I could get the appropriate amounts back to them..

[/ QUOTE ]

because he has not done it yet, i am sure he won't have a problem with his bankroll. whether they allow him to continue to be an affiliate is another question.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:58 PM

I just recieved an emailing from him asking for my number so we could discuss. I'm a little worried because my account is signed up under my fathers name

Does your father know about the extra tax he owes?

Lori
Old 10-05-2004, 09:25 PM

Indeed it seems he IS the affiliate as Granny says.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:03 PM

Usually the best strategy is these cases is to proclaim your ignorance of the rules, apologize for the confusion, and let them know that if they are uncomfortable with you continuing as an affiliate, you would understand and not hold any grudges.

I would seriously consider cutting down the amount of money in your online account unless you need it all to cover normal variance. Party Poker is not a bank and prudence dictates that they not be treated with the same level of trust as one.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:14 PM

I would recommend that in the future, you actually READ agreements before you "agree" to them...

that way maybe you can avoid crazy things like asking your contact how to break the rules.