Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 09:04 PM

Default 10K hand tuneup. Please share your thoughts

This is all .50/1.00 hold 'em on UltimateBet. Please try to ignore the BB/100 if possible, I'm coming off an unbelievable downswing packed with awful river beats. I was between 2 and 3 BB/100 for the first 8k hands.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I'm too inexperienced to know which numbers are too low/high.

How does all that look? Let me know if there are other stats I should post and I will right away. The only flaw I can spot is that I'm going to showdown too often and not winning enough of them. True?
Old 05-24-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: 10K hand tuneup. Please share your thoughts

Raise more preflop, play more hands.

Everything seems fine, you're running a little lean though.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:09 PM

1. Switch to Party.

2. Loosen up.

3. Raise more pf.

4. Get more aggressive on the flop.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:18 PM

Jeeze guys, I already feel like I spew chips and you want me to loosen up even more? =/

I don't know how I could raise more PF either, but I've been told that before, so it must be true. I seriously follow SSHE's pre-flop playlist to a tee. I even raise with hands it says not to if I'm first in from LP, yet I still only maintain a PFR% of 7. I don't get it.

As for party, I do plan on going there eventually. I just wanted to learn limit hold 'em a little better before I left UB and besides, if the players there are better, I'll get better too, right? Plus I want to find the BEST rakeback program before I commit to party.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:23 PM

At .5/1 you can afford to have a relatively high vpip (and you'll win more money that way). I think that 20-21 is reasonable.

The pfr will go up when you start isolating weak limpers with more marginal hands.

And honestly, I am not afraid when I see a 18/7/2 TAG. I start to get afraid when I see a 20/12/3 TAG.

Party doesn't have rakeback. Get a $200 bonus, jump on Empire to get some bonuses, then get a good Euro affiliate ( Euro doesn't have reloads). I am not an affiliate.

Good luck.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party doesn't have rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I heard that they gave some form of rakeback like... gift certificates or something.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:18 AM

they have party points, great if you want 283 Party Poker caps, but not good for much else.
I've just finished setting up pretty much what shadow recommended. ie transfer $ to Empire and/or Party when they have bonuses, otherwise I play at Euro where I have a rakeback
Old 05-25-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party doesn't have rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I heard that they gave some form of rakeback like... gift certificates or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have rakeback on empire, it's a party skin, and i have accounts with both to make sure i can get all the bonuses.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:55 PM

I don't think you need to loosen your VP$IP, your PFR you could do with upping. Even at party .50/1 I don't think it's best to be a 21 VP$IP unless you're practicing great table selection. Mine is less than 19% on party mostly due to my shitty table selection, I'm sure I could up it a couple points if I stuck to good tables.

Is his went to showdown % optimal? My went to SD is only 30.5% with a 54% won$. Should I be showing down a bit more?