Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Check raising 97, do I want a call or fold... 20 40

Playing 20 40 6 handed. Villain is unknow, but in the 10 hands I have played in this table he has not done anything stupid.

So he open raises from button, SB folds and I call with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] .

T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] check-bet-call

turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I check-raise

River 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] bet-call

Problem with the turn-raise is that for a player that doesen't know I raise T on flop will automaticly think I must have the T. Or? On the other hand check-call is weak and I will likely miss at least one bet, if not two. This should be easy-fold to three bet as much as I hate that line.

Anyone fold preflop or flop?
Old 09-06-2005, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Check raising 97, do I want a call or fold... 20 40

I'd fold flop if you think villain will call down your turn c/r with just an ace here. Since he is unknown, this is as good a time as any to find out if he will or not. Looks okay to me. Although if you did not pair the turn, I think you should give up on the river since it is unlikely villain has a draw here and if he calls the turn he is probably set on calling you down with ace hi or a pocket pair.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:02 AM

I think I fold preflop here 6 handed after a steal att. from a TAG, but its not a bad call at all. The flop call is marginal as well, but since he's betting any 2 here its again not so bad. The rest is solid.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:21 AM

He may think you are semibluffing with a flushdraw.

If the board wasnt 2 flush i'd hope he folds but he may have a low pair or Ahigh here.