Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: 10/20 AA Deep Stacks

[ QUOTE ]

i might get it in with one par more than some, but i def fold bottom set more than most...

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of those statements definitely apply to my play as well.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i might get it in with one par more than some, but i def fold bottom set more than most...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you guys talking about turn/river situations where the board has gone to hell or on the flop?
Old 10-05-2005, 06:53 PM

I'm betting the turn most of the time, or check raising all in once in a while. Against loose/goofy I'm liking this board.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like QQ or a big draw like JTc or QKc / AQc. He would raise sets, and two pairs on the flop presumably (unless he's really goofy), so they're the only hands I can see him having.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a joke right?
are there monsters hiding under your bed as well?
Old 10-05-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you guys talking about turn/river situations where the board has gone to hell or on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have folded bottom set on the flop once that I can recall. Maybe twice.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:42 PM

this has got to be live right? on line would be mighty difficult to imagine, though i guess anything is possible.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:46 PM

gah this spot makes me want to puke. I (along with everyone else who is responding) dont have enough information on villain to have a confident decision, however unfortunately it seems like KKF didnt at the time either. I think a case can be made for c/r allin, and folding. Also... depending on the villain (if he plays bad) calling could (maybe... possibly) be an option. This is assuming he messes up the river somehow (i.e. bluffs too much, not enough etc.) Altho there arent many pretty river cards for the hero. I don't like the idea of pushing the turn after villain's bet and letting him get away cheap when behind, and take a large pot off us when ahead, however i think in this spot it is the most +ev move, unless he will completely mess up the river(in which case i call, and pray i read goot). Any comment on villain's river play KKF?
Old 10-05-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really dont like betting the turn here against players with this label because if they raise me then I have to fold. If I bet and they call, Im going to check the river, and have to call a large bet and theyll get paid off if they hit something odd. I know that a huge majority of the time I'm ahead here and they love to bet when checked to. It seems unlikley that he cold-called the flop with two pair or a set given our stack sizes and his image. So I can check-call or check-raise.

I check. He bets $870 into a $690 pot.

Whats your plan at this point? Do you perfer to lead the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the information you have provided, I would check-raise all-in. In general I do prefer to lead the turn here, but that is because I do not feel that I have to fold if I am raised. However if he will only raise the turn with hands that beat you, the turn is a very easy bet.

I think it would have been helpful if you provided the number of players sitting at the table when this hand occurred.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:15 AM

who puts loose/goofy? I like to label..LAG, LAGG, type up hands and crap like limped from ths bet this after this much time, he overcalled with that crap? DO NOT BLUFF HIM, solid preflop, etc. loose/goofy doesn't really say much, except that in this situation your aces are good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2005, 12:00 PM

You showed major weakness by checking, after what probably looked like to him just a continuation bet. Absolutely no reason to check when the 'scare card' queen fell, unless you're hoping to induce a bluff. I don't think you should push all in because if you're beat you're going to get called, and if you're in the lead you won't get called most of the time (maybe if he has k-k or a-q, but that's a big maybe). I say reraise a decent amount to let him no you're not weak and to make him think twice about any draws he has. If he reraises all in then maybe you can fold(at least you didn't push at first with the losing hand), but it's still close. IMHO