Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 04:33 AM

Default KJo in BB-What would you do, 3?

Stars $5/.50 3 hours in.

Villian is definitely trying to build his stack, he has been active lately stealing (3x and 4xPFR) and defending his blinds.

My image is mostly tight, although I've been a little active lately as well. Having only shown down AQ v AJ to knock a short stack out. I have also reraised Villians Continuation Bet on the flop recently after he limped and I got a free look from the BB.

His flop re-raise was almost instantaneous.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1200 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG (t22830)
UTG+1 (t5954)
MP1 (t18537)
MP2 (t18153)
CO (t13059)
Button (t17871)
SB (t13090)
Hero (t20173)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls t1200, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t3600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t6075</font>, Hero calls t2400.

Flop: (t12525) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ?
Old 12-11-2005, 04:38 AM

Default Re: KJo in BB-What would you do, 3?

I would push.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:55 AM

PF is a bit sketchy, if he's been stealing a decent amouunt, a limp should make you a bit cautious, and i think i'd just limp here, keep the pot small. But i might be a pussy there.

Flop: My first instinct was to say that i want money in this pot and to C/R all in, but i think i take that back. There already like 8k of profit in this pot, and i think it's more beneficial to gain a little bit of FE by just pushing. So, basically i'm saying the c/r is more +cEV, but pushing is more +EV.

eh?
Old 12-11-2005, 04:58 AM

At first I was going to say check-raise, but after thinking about it, I would push.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:02 PM

Another late night post

Thanks
Old 12-12-2005, 02:09 PM

Why did you raise pre-flop?
Old 12-12-2005, 02:11 PM

hate the preflop raise. push this flop.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:17 PM

i would check the flop there. anything villain wants to limp with, he'll probably take a flop in position, and we're not so far ahead that we want that to happen. when he makes the little raise, sure, call it.

[ QUOTE ]
My first instinct was to say that i want money in this pot and to C/R all in, but i think i take that back. There already like 8k of profit in this pot, and i think it's more beneficial to gain a little bit of FE by just pushing. So, basically i'm saying the c/r is more +cEV, but pushing is more +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

villain only has about 12k in the pot. i don't think there's any FE to be had here by c/r'ing, so checking just leads to more hands winding up all-in. villain would be correct to play pretty much any hand that he could have here - even against something like red 88 hero is a favorite but not a huge one.

checking also risks letting a blank fall on the turn, leaving hero in a tough spot. also it lets red AA get money in on the turn when it's way ahead but get away when a club hits.

so i think pushing is best both in terms of cEV and EV.