Site: PartyPoker
5/10 7 Card Stud -- Hand Converter

Third Street
Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____calls_____calls
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____raises_____calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____calls_____calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____brings-in_____folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____completes_____raises
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____folds

Fourth Street
Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____checks_____calls
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____checks_____calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____bets

Fifth Street
Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____bets

Sixth Street
Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx _____calls
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx _____calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____bets

River
Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx _____folds
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx _____folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____bets
Old 09-18-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Whew!

Better lucky then good???? I really don't think that river bet is +ev in the long run.

I think this is one of those situations where the big pot you created on 3rd puts you in an ugly spot for the rest of the hand. That being said other then not reraising 3rd there isnt a street I play differently
Old 09-18-2005, 07:15 PM

This is why we don't drink while playing.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What made you say that?
Old 09-18-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What made you say that?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he was maybe referring to this
Old 09-18-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What made you say that?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he was maybe referring to this

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo!
Old 09-18-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Better lucky then good????

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I was both.

[ QUOTE ]
other then not reraising 3rd there isnt a street I play differently

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should have mentioned that seat 2 was raising with some pretty crappy hands. I think I had a lot of equity on 3rd.

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think that river bet is +ev in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it’s mandatory. I’m pretty sure seat 1 was drawing to a flush; he is solid, so I can’t imagine any other hand. Also, he isn’t going to call with just a single big pair or small two pair or something. (Not after I 3-bet 3rd). So actually I’m only dealing with one opponent here.
Definitely +EV imo.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:46 PM

Most of the time you're gonna lose this type of hand. You did win it and probably the way i would have played it, I would have lost it. I probably would be checking 6th and river and folding to any bet.

Becasue of your tight and solid image, you might be able to get away with this type of play occasionaly and it is a good idea to try this sometimes. But as an everyday type of play, it will eat away at your chips. But nice hand anyway.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:51 AM

Roland, I knew you were tight from seeing your other posts, & now I see that you have the baals to hold their feet to the fire when the time is right. Well done.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I should have mentioned that seat 2 was raising with some pretty crappy hands. I think I had a lot of equity on 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the fact that Seat 1 had your [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s...