Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Another Live 5/10 Hand

Not much info on Villain other than he's currently steaming after losing around $400 to a guy who showed his bluff a few hands before this hand came up. Hero barely has Villian covered with $1500ish.

UTG raises to $40. Hero is UTG+2 and calls with Kh, Qh. Villian is CO and calls. BB calls. 4 players.

Flop: Kc, Qc, 6s

BB bets $100, UTG mucks, Hero raises to $400, Villian calls, BB folds. 2 players.

Turn: Ks

Hero checks, Villian checks.

River Ac.

Hero checks. Villian pushes.

Villian obviously foiled my plan to check raise him on the turn. Consequently, the worst card in the deck came on the river.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Another Live 5/10 Hand

actaully it was the best card that could have came if you ask me. completes the straight/flush and your check on turn could very well have made him to bluff/ overplay his holding.

I'd insta-call
Old 06-16-2005, 09:40 PM

So I presume you've put him on AK. There are a number of other hands that play this - only AA,AK has you beat. Due to your read and his pre flop call, make the call. Must be +EV
Old 06-16-2005, 09:53 PM

this is the best card. are you insane? easy call... if he has a royal, oh well. no way steaming, live 5/10 guy checks turn with AK... NO WAY.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not much info on Villain other than he's currently steaming after losing around $400 to a guy who showed his bluff a few hands before this hand came up. Hero barely has Villian covered with $1500ish.

UTG raises to $40. Hero is UTG+2 and calls with Kh, Qh. Villian is CO and calls. BB calls. 4 players.

Flop: Kc, Qc, 6s

BB bets $100, UTG mucks, Hero raises to $400, Villian calls, BB folds. 2 players.

Turn: Ks

Hero checks, Villian checks.

River Ac.

Hero checks. Villian pushes.

Villian obviously foiled my plan to check raise him on the turn. Consequently, the worst card in the deck came on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steamer hammers that turn with a big bet with AK when theres 2 flush draws and a straight draw on board. You are golden. Call without thought.
-Todd
Old 06-16-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Results: Another Live 5/10 Hand

I made the call...but it wasn't nearly as easy for me to call as it was for everyone who responded.

He showed me Kd 6d.