Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 05:06 AM

Default set on flush draw board - your bet?

I play six max a lot and I'm pretty sure that I'm not doing it the most profitable way, so how does everyone else bet when you flop a set on a board with two suited cards in a cash game?

What's your play if:

1. You bet half pot, and are raised
A) Pot raised 4xBB preflop
B) Everyone limped

2. You bet the pot and the turn makes a flush possible?

Thanks,
Joseph
Old 05-07-2005, 05:57 AM

Default Re: set on flush draw board - your bet?

Your questions are too vague. Post specific hands.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:52 AM

My answer depends mostly on how much money is in the pot. How much he raised. How much we both have, If I have a flush draw now too, and finally if I have position.

You will always have 10 outs to a full house / 4 of a kind. Keep that in mind.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:28 AM

This is a common situation, you flop a set and a flush and (or) straight draw is on the table.
You want to bet as it's foolish to give a free card that could bust you, never slow play it. I always bet at least 80% - 200% pot size depending how loose the opposition is. If a third flush card comes then I'll fold to pot sized bet. If you can see the river card cheaply you may hit a boat.

Another way of playing this is to give a cheap card on the flop, say 50% pot. Then if a non flushing card hits on the turn raise big. A loose player may still call you on a draw.
You'll be on tilt after they hit their draw though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2005, 03:54 AM

"You want to bet as it's foolish to give a free card that could bust you, never slow play it. I always bet at least 80% - 200% pot size depending how loose the opposition is. If a third flush card comes then I'll fold to pot sized bet. If you can see the river card cheaply you may hit a boat."

So basically heads up on the flop, you are rooting for a call, as long you bet pot size or more? I guess what I'm wondering is how much should you protect your hand?

The other question I had about this situation is sometimes you are raised by possibly a TPTK type hand and if the flush hits a lot of the time it kills the action. Any ideas on how to do avoid this? Min re-raise? Bet less when the flush hits? Bet the same and fold to raise (in case he has the flush)?