Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 06:51 AM

Default End of Day A8s and KK hands PP 2/4 6max

Hand 1:

Huge lag (280) on my (1300) left, I limp UTG with KK, lag makes it 25, one call, solid (29/14), tricky SB (1300) pushes, folded to me. SB has never seen me limp/reraise and i'm 25/10 at the table right now over 300 or so hands, all of which he's seen.

Hand 2:

I (cover) get A8s on BB, 18/3 ABC weakie nut peddler CO (600) limps, SB (400) the wondermonkey completes, I check.

A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10)

SB bets 8, i raise to 40, CO calls (would not play a set this way, has a very solid draw to be calling this), SB folds

8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (100)

how much?

fim

PS- (watch out for brag) to all those who are running bad, i was one of you (flat for so long) until today. 12 hours, 2300 hands and $2800 profit. just wait, the cards will come; we all can't be reminded enough of this.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:48 AM

Default Re: End of Day A8s and KK hands PP 2/4 6max

Hand 1, wow. I think the "1300" figure is fazing me as I don't usually play at this level. What do we put the solid player on? Thinking about it, they're presumably going to make this move with AA or KK certainly, may make it with QQ or AKs, and just might try it with JJ or AKo. Does that sound plausible? KK is of course unlikely, and so I'm basically tossing up between AA and QQ for their holding. I suspect I would talk myself into a fold here, but equally I suspect that you didn't and you were probably right not to.

Hand 2, what about betting 40 or 50 in an attempt to price him into his flush draw? Or would that be too obvious given your other betting patterns?
Old 07-22-2005, 08:32 AM

Hand 1: What do you play UTG with the huge LAG behind? I will fold it (I am a puppy weak tight, against push from a solid-tricky-big-stack) it is either split or you will be drawing to 2 outs. IMO
It just if he has AA and will(and he should) re-raise there it would be obvious that he has AA. I do not think he would want to get involved with 3 people behind him by merely calling or putting small re-raise. So he just pushed hoping that you/LAG have PP. IMO

Hand 2: 2/3 or full pot. Hopefully he has something like AcJc Ac-xc.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:54 AM

Hand 1: Seems like SB has a holding that he thinks is better than yours or lag's, but doesn't want to play post-flop oop. If this guy is good, why would he play A-A like this? A-K, Q-Q or J-J seems reasonable. I wouldn't read his push as anything other than an attempt to get lag all-in pre-flop. The only way I see him holding A-A here is if he's crapping his pants at the thought of playing oop post-flop against you.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:29 AM

First hand :

I would reraise-allin here, my (very short) experience at 6max tables tells me that pushes in this position are very often made without AA.

Second hand :
I would bet the pot if he has solid draw hes probably not folding here. Also pot-bet strongly indicates AK and its good that Villain will think so.

Nice profit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I started -300 today but my first 1k pot fixed it all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best wishes
Old 07-22-2005, 09:33 AM

Hand 1:
I think what you do depends on the LAG. Was the lag calling huge overbets preflop...was he calling normal reraises preflop? If he was calling normal reraises preflop but not overbets, then I think you need to make this call. SB would not want to force villian out with AA-QQ if he could keep him and his marginal hand in with a normal reraise. I think you will be shown AK here a lot in this situation.

If on the other hand the LAG was calling big overbets preflop with marginal hands, I think you have to find a fold here. In this case it is more likely for villain to be holding a big hand as he knows he will be called a large portion of the time.

Havent read hand two yet, I'll read it know and post if i have comments

Falker
Old 07-22-2005, 09:37 AM

Hand 1: Insta. Slowrolling is for nubs. Wait. You are asking how long you should take before calling right? NO? You're asking IF you should call?

I put villain on AK here a vast majority of the time. You said you HAVEN'T LRR yet. I can't see a push here with AA.

Hand 2: How much does he get out of line postflop? You seem to have a read that he would play a draw by calling the flop, but no other information. It would really depend on how much he's willing to pay for it. If he's a chaser, bet 100-125. If he's smarter than that, 75 should be enough.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:39 AM

Hand 1: Hope Party doesn't disconnect you before you can call his all-in.

Hand 2: $70
Old 07-22-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2: 2/3 or full pot. Hopefully he has something like AcJc Ac-xc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-22-2005, 10:31 AM

Hand 1 - you do say he's tricky which makes me at least think that he could play AA this way, because nobody would suspect it's AA. It looks an awful lot like 10-10 - QQ and the guy really doesn't want to see a flop and he's hoping that the lag will call with some crappy ace or something i'm guessing. I'd go ahead and call this but not be terribly surprised if he turns over AA...i don't think he turns over AA more than 30% of the time though and you are so far ahead of anything else he turns over that I think you win this hand often enough to call.

Hand 2 - I'd bet enough for his call to be -EV, but i'd make it close enough to where he'd think his implied odds made it worth it. I'm not paying off any straight or flush card that hits probably.