FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Good News

Free Speech Alive in Iran

The above article:

Iran Leader Calls for Israel's Destruction
By Associated Press
1 hour ago

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's hard-line president called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" and said a new wave of Palestinian attacks will destroy the Jewish state, state-run media reported Wednesday.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also denounced attempts to recognize Israel or normalize relations with it.

"There is no doubt that the new wave (of attacks) in Palestine will wipe off this stigma (Israel) from the face of the Islamic world," Ahmadinejad told students Wednesday during a Tehran conference called "The World without Zionism."

"Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury, any (Islamic leader) who recognizes the Zionist regime means he is acknowledging the surrender and defeat of the Islamic world," Ahmadinejad said.

Ahmadinejad also repeated the words of the founder of Iran's Islamic revolution, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, who called for the destruction of Israel.

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," said Ahmadinejad, who came to power in August.

Ahmadinejad referred to Israel's recent withdrawal from the Gaza Strip as a "trick," saying Gaza is part of the Palestinian territories and the withdrawal was meant to make Islamic states acknowledge Israel.

Old 10-26-2005, 11:06 AM

Default More Free Speech In Iran

(excerpt)"1 step closer to an atomic Iran
Posted: September 27, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern
...Last Thursday, just days before the vote, the mullahs held a military parade in Tehran, flaunting their Shahab-3 missiles, replete with Iran's typically belligerent slogans written on them – "Death to America," "We will crush America under our feet" and "Israel must be wiped off the face of the earth." This was how the mullahs began their "Sacred Defense Week," celebrating the outbreak of their suicidal eight-year war with Iraq in the 1980s. The display prompted the military attaches from the embassies of France, Italy, Greece and Poland to walk away in protest."...
(end excerpt)

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=46533

(excerpt)"TEHRAN, Iran Oct 31, 2004 — Iran's parliament unanimously approved the outline of a bill Sunday that would require the government to resume uranium enrichment, legislation likely to deepen an international dispute over Iran's nuclear activities.

Separately, Iran's top nuclear negotiator said there was a 50 percent chance of a nuclear compromise with European nations, though he ruled out an indefinite suspension of key enrichment activities.

Shouts of "Death to America!" rang out in the conservative-dominated parliament after lawmakers voted to advance the nation's nuclear program, an issue of national pride that provides a rare point of agreement between conservatives and reformers. "
(end excerpt)

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=212964

The above two articles made me seriously wonder if perhaps America ought wait until the next meeting of the Iranian Parliament, and then blow that parliamentary building to smithereens along with the mullahs and lawmakers in it.

However, the next article shows that the problem goes somewhat deeper and broader than merely the mullahs and their parliament:

(excerpt)"In a speech broadcast by Iranian TV, Iranian leader Ali Khamenei threatened the US. The following are excerpts:

Khamenei:People must not view Jihad or martyrdom lightly. They must not deny or doubt the nation's religious beliefs. We will not negotiate with anyone over the interests of our people and country. In order for the enemies of the country and the people to make excuses for their hostility, they say: "The Iranian regime has endangered our interests." The Americans say: "The Iranian regime endangered the interest of America." We are in

Crowd: Death to America

Death to America

Death to America

Death to America

Death to America

Death to America

Khamenei:We, the Iranian people, within the borders of our country, will cut off any hand that harms our scientific, natural, human, or technological interests. We will cut off the hand that is sent to invade and work against our people's interests. We will do this with no hesitation.

Crowd: Allah Akbar

Allah Akbar

Allah Akbar

Khamenei is the leader

Death to those who reject

the of the rule of Jurisprudent

Blessings upon the warriors of Islam.

Peace upon the martyrs.

Death to America

Death to England

Death to hypocrites (Mojahedin-e-Khalq) and Saddam

Death to Israel

Khamenei: If the enemy has the audacity to harm and invade, our blows against it will not be limited to the borders of our country. The interests...

Allah Akbar

Woe (to the enemy) if Khamenei commands me to wage Jihad.

Woe (to the enemy) if Khamenei commandsme to wage Jihad.

Khamenei: If someone harms our people and invades (our country), we will endanger his interests anywhere in the world.

Allah Akbar

Allah Akbar

Khamenei is the leader

Death to those who reject the of the rule of Jurisprudent

Blessings upon the warriors of Islam.

Peace upon the martyrs.

Death to America

Death to England

Death to hypocrites

(Mojahedin-e-Khalq) and Saddam

Death to Israel
"

http://www.memritv.org/Transcript.asp?P1=140

I think I'm beginning to see why you are a misanthrope.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Good News

why is it ok for the west to declare war on entire sections of the islamic religion, complete with calls for their destruction and death, but when they do it to us it is unspeakable?
Old 10-26-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why is it ok for the west to declare war on entire sections of the islamic religion, complete with calls for their destruction and death, but when they do it to us it is unspeakable?

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got it backwards, weatherman, and are deeply confused.

The Iranian motto "Death To America!" dates all the way back to the 1970's when the Ayatollah Khomeini took over the Iranian government along with his Revolutionary Guards.

THEY, not we, said it first--and we are not even saying it now.

Moreover, NO religious sect (or political sect) is acceptable if it calls for imposing death and destruction on all non-members of that sect. Some of the fanatical elements of Islam DO believe in that and call for such, and among them are the actual government of Iran and the mad mullahs.

Israel has never claimed as its goal the death and destruction of Iran. The USA has never claimed as its goal the death and destruction of Iran. The Mad Mullahs of Iran however have claimed the twin goals of the death and destruction of Israel and of the USA.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good try, MMMMMM, but doubtful. And that's sad.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 02:55 PM

Zeno,

What would you sat the chances are that we will see a nuke go off in America in the next five to ten years? My guess is Isreal is a two to one favorite. But I hope I'm wrong.

~ Rick
Old 10-26-2005, 03:00 PM

I bet if we stopped supporting tyranny in Israel and quit killing children in the middle east with sanctions and other policies they would leave us alone.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:01 PM

Man, I'm glad we don't have to worry about Iraq anymore.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What would you sat the chances are that we will see a nuke go off in America in the next five to ten years? My guess is Isreal is a two to one favorite. But I hope I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope and pray you're wrong, too. But, from the crap spewing out of Iran, I'm looking for action on Israel taking out a lot of Iranian "facilities" in the most near future. Preemption can be a beautiful thing.

Problem with that though is what comes after.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet if we stopped supporting tyranny in Israel and quit killing children in the middle east with sanctions and other policies they would leave us alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you're wrong. They hate infidels, and have already established their OWN form of imperialism (the Islamo-fascist kind), which they want to spread, which makes any Westerm imperialism look like the softest, most liberal thing in the world, by comparison.